how to share a calendar

(7 Posts)
gallicgirl Thu 17-Oct-13 21:30:43

At work we use Outlook and have shared calendars. Its possible to create an appointment and block this in on other people's calendars if they accept it.

Is there something similar that operates outside of Outlook? I was hoping Google would have an app as I use Gmail but I can't see anything.

Any ideas?

widowerbutok Fri 18-Oct-13 00:19:55

Have a look at this link, it may help. www.msoutlook.info/question/336

Best of luck

gallicgirl Fri 18-Oct-13 07:31:13

Thanks but that's not exactly what I want.
You know how Google docs works?
For example DP and I have a shared budget. He can change his outgoings on it, I change mine and we can both see how much the family outgoings are.
I basically want something like that but a calendar.

Its not for work so thats why I dont want it in outlook because I don't have that at home. I bet there's a phone app for it!

PinkPepper Fri 18-Oct-13 07:38:47

Yes you can share google calander. I can't remember exactly how but me and dp have loads shared. I also have it synced to my iPhone so can see what's on there

Cindy34 Fri 18-Oct-13 10:35:25

Google calendar is great at sharing. You have personal calendar and can have others as well, so can have a calendar for each child. Then you grant access rights to other people, so they can view, create events etc.

Cindy34 Fri 18-Oct-13 10:38:09

There are various apps to use with Google calendar. I think it uses the ical format. I have apps on android and ios to access google calendar. Sometimes I find it easier creating an event from the google calendar website, particularly if it is an event that auto repeats. Expect the apps will so it, i just have not learnt how.

gallicgirl Fri 18-Oct-13 12:48:11

That's just what I want. Thank you. Just couldn't find it when I searched. Very odd.

I'll go and look again. Even better if I can sync it with my phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now