Kindle screen broken?

(6 Posts)
fengirl1 Wed 08-May-13 22:30:10

To be fair, it is common for this to happen without the assistance of feet! grin

Laquila Wed 08-May-13 22:21:28

I bloody knew it, SingSong!

That's size 12 feet for you...

Yup laquila I stood on mine and the same thing happened to the screen, I think your DH needs to confess!

Laquila Wed 08-May-13 22:16:00

Thanks for your response, Theas18!

I've sent it back and have ordered the Paperwhite - quite excited now smile

I'd had nearly two years of use it f the keyboard one, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my husband might have accidentally stood on it whilst it was charging, and now isn't admitting to it....

Theas18 Tue 07-May-13 16:28:30

Go for the refurb!

Laquila Mon 06-May-13 22:29:25

Just picked up my Kindle (keyboard, purchased in 2011) after charging to find that the screen has gone funny - not the whole thing, but about 30% of it, has gone a bit like an etch-a-sketch - thin broken lines running horizontally and vertically. I can still see the home screen behind the blurring, as it were, but despite having turned it off and on again, nothing's improved.

I called Amazon CS and they can offer a refurbished replacement, with a one-year warranty, for a good discount (approx £20- £50 off, deeding in model chosen).

Has anyone had a similar experience and managed to salvage their original Kindle? Should I just go for a refurbished Paperwhite wifi for £75?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now