Laptop screen broken - new laptop or tablet

(6 Posts)

Thanks for that have just bought it. It looks really handy. Will make do with iPad (sharing with dh will be hard confused) for the moment and save for a laptop think it may come in handy for school work.

Oh and I have a net book for spreadsheets and word typing. It gets used infrequently too.

I have a n adapter to upload photos from my camera to my iPad. like this and a wireless printer. We very rarely use the PC now.i can see us not replacing it when it decides to die!

Thanks hopefully have convinced she to spend extra for a laptop

usualsuspect Sun 07-Apr-13 10:04:14

I'd go for a laptop over a tablet every time. I find tablets really difficult to type on.

My lovely dcs managed to push the laptop over while open and now the screen shakes every few seconds. I really only have about £200 to spend at the moment and thought I might be better off buying a cheap tablet and forgetting about a laptop. My dh uses the laptop for the Internet while I use my ipad, we also use the laptop to type occasional personal letters, very basic spreadsheets and to upload photos from my camera but I usually use my phone for photos now. If I get a wireless printer and cheap tablet I could probably do everything I need apart from photo upload (but could do this at work) and photo storage. I know i could get the screen repaired but it is six years old, only 180gb of hard drive,keys that don't work etc. what do people suggest am I better saving a bit extra and getting a laptop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now