How to follow than 2000 on twitter?

(8 Posts)
Einsty Sun 10-Feb-13 23:29:45

Ahhh, see that is the thing that took me a while to get - that you can't hope to be across all of it, and should dip in as and when... The thing is, though, that I have found if I browse by keyword or hash tag, the inanity of it all drives me mad, so I like to be able to narrow it down somewhat.

Tweet deck is a good point - haven't used it in a while. A

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Wed 06-Feb-13 18:42:02

How on earth do you manage to read all of it though? Just checked and I follow 140 accounts, even with a couple of lists I probably miss about 75% of what's on my feed...

Have you tried messing around with Tweetdeck?

Einsty Wed 06-Feb-13 03:51:16

Dear Boulevard - I guess that is the way to go. Just thought there must be an app or something that would consolidate into one feed for ease. I see why twitter has a limit but it diesn't reflect how I use it and other social media - ie, follow every man and his dog who has ever seemed interesting (and why Facebook not showing every post drives me crazeeeee grin...

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Tue 05-Feb-13 12:07:07

Can't you just get a free email address and open up another account under that name?

KatyTheCleaningLady Tue 05-Feb-13 11:56:40

I just looked... you have to have a similar number of people following you.

KatyTheCleaningLady Tue 05-Feb-13 11:55:39

I never knew there was such a limit. How many followers do you have?

Einsty Tue 05-Feb-13 11:00:03

Bump?

Einsty Tue 05-Feb-13 02:16:58

Does anyone know of or use any third party sites or apps that would allow me to follow more than 2000 twitter users? I am not a prolific poster but find it very useful for following a few sectors I am interested in - but have hit the 2000 limit without any hope of picking up more followers myself, as rarely post. It's driving me mad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now