Talkmobile v Virgin mobile? Help please.

(7 Posts)
CuriousMama Thu 24-Jan-13 17:06:06

I've been with Virgin for years. My contract (18 month) is up this Feb. So I rang them to see what they could offer me?
I'm on a tariff of £15.32 at the moment, 500 mins and billions texts wink
They offered me a Samsung Galaxy Ace plus, 200 mins and 3k texts for around £13. I agreed and the phone is on it's way tomorrow.

I did a google to check out the phone and came across Talkmobile's tariff, same phone, for £7.50 pcm. Slightly less minutes but enough texts. Is there a catch? Is anyone else with them? I'd be saving over a fiver a month if this is right. I use more texts than minutes and really just wanted a phone with a flash that works. This last Nokia's flash never did.

We already have TalkTalk broadband and phone.

CuriousMama Thu 24-Jan-13 17:26:16

bump

CuriousMama Thu 24-Jan-13 19:25:43

niceguy2 Thu 24-Jan-13 23:54:40

Isn't it too late if your new phone is on it's way?

Talkmobile use the Vodafone network. So other than have they got decent coverage in your area, it does seem a good deal for you.

CuriousMama Sat 26-Jan-13 01:30:42

Virgin said I have 14 days cool off?

Thanks I'll check out the vodafone networking?

exexpat Sat 26-Jan-13 01:41:22

I've been with talk mobile for two or three years now as they have had the best deals on Samsungs when I've been looking. Currently paying £16.50 a month for (I think - I never use anywhere near my allowances) 500 mins, 500mb and 5,000 texts a month on a free Galaxy s2. Coverage is fine most places except for out of the way bits of the Welsh countryside and so on.

CuriousMama Sat 26-Jan-13 01:44:39

Thanks for that exexpat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now