Outlook repair tool problems

(7 Posts)
bacon Mon 22-Oct-12 11:37:32

I have a currupt file, cant open at all now. I have found the repair tool but I have to put in the location of the microsoft outlook - but cant find it!

No idea what I'm looking for really, my outlook is on my desktop.

Something has gone wrong and I need it back quick!

ANy helpers please?

NetworkGuy Tue 23-Oct-12 06:08:41

What version of Windows are you using, and what version of Outlook, please?

kellylorry Tue 23-Oct-12 08:21:55

Hi,

As Your .pst file is corrupted and you already used a recovery tool may be possible that you file is not recovered properly so i suggest you go for other tool such as Kernel for Outlook pst repair just try to use it may be you solve your problem and you can also take a demo free from here www.repairpsttool.org

Marshalhubs Thu 22-Nov-12 06:08:29

Hi bacon,

If your Outlook PST file get corrupted then you have lost your all email from outlook. So you can try to repair it by the help of free utility SCAN.PST. if it does not help to repair your PST file then you should try any third party tool such as Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST repair. You can try free demo version and preview all recover email item.

I hope its work for you ! smile

buryb Thu 29-Nov-12 17:15:22

The Microsoft Outlook offers free recovery PST tool to perform successful PST recovery. The too is called scanpst.exe. This tool comes free of cost with MS Outlook, which is installed at the time of Outlook installation. Usually, this scanpst.exe is not visible in the start menu but present at other hidden location. You can use it in following ways:

Step1: Go to start menu and click on Run.
Step2: Type C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMapiLocaleIDscanpst.exe in Open box and then click OK.
Step3: You can also search the software through search option in the start menu by typing scanpst.exe in the search box.
Step4: Type the name and path of the file to be recovered in the scan box and click on OK button.
Step5: After the completion of scanning, choose the backup of scanning file before repairing option and then click on Repair button.

Or

You can also use Outlook pst repair tool free download here www.outlookpstrepairtools.n.nu

moosecull Thu 31-Jan-13 12:45:04

I am totally agree with kellylorry, with the help of suggested tool any user can easily get back all lost PST files and also entire attachments and data of inside.
www.freeou.com

Devillers Tue 26-Feb-13 11:56:37

PST file can be repaired using inbox repair tool software. But it fails to repair oversized PST file,So if your scanpst cannot repair PST file, then you need to fix that corrupt PST fie using a third party repair application like PST repair, this tool effectively repairs your severely corrupt PST file and retrieves all the deleted emails and other elements from it. Follow the below links for more details

Page link: http://www.scanpstfix.com/cannot-repair-pst-file.html
Download link: http://www.scanpstfix.com/download/scanpstfix.exe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now