does anyone know this gardening /cooking book??

(9 Posts)
steppemum Wed 12-Dec-12 23:11:15

Heard someone on radio 4 (probably women's hour) a few months ago. He was talking about growing vegetables that are expensive to buy/unusual instead of growing common veg which are cheap to buy (eg potatoes)

He has written a book, about growing unusual veg and then includes recipes.

I have no idea who he is, just remembered him because I want to buy the book for my mum for christmas, can't find where I wrote it down, and too vague to google

can anyone help?

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Thu 13-Dec-12 01:26:49

Could that have been James Wong, and his Homegrown Revolution? I didn't see him but Googled it blush.

steppemum Thu 13-Dec-12 19:32:17

Oh might be I will have a google later, thanks donkeys

Allalonenow Thu 13-Dec-12 19:54:54

Could it be Nigel Slater!!!?
His book Tender Volume I is about his vegetable garden.

DUSTIN Fri 14-Dec-12 15:08:04

I think this was James Wong. Someone else asked the same question a few weeks ago. I am going to try and grow some of his ideas such as Cucamelons. He has a seed range with Suttons.

steppemum Fri 14-Dec-12 21:47:00

thanks, I will google James wong. I have been nusy with 10 year olds birthday party (now recuperating with mn!!)

EssieW Fri 14-Dec-12 21:50:58

It's mark diacono - Has a farm in Devon and I think a blog - Otter Farm or similar

steppemum Fri 14-Dec-12 22:30:20

It is James Wong!

Found a video clip, where he pretty much said word for word what I remember from women's hour

Thank you everyone!!

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Fri 14-Dec-12 23:36:59

I'll check out Mark Diacono Nigel Slater AND James Wong thanks for putting them into my head smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now