Stirling University ??

(5 Posts)
dementedma Sun 02-Jun-13 21:23:25

Dd will be going there in September - its very handy for us. Some of the older halls on campus have seen better days, but they have built new ones which you might get if you are lucky. Set in its own grounds out of town, so very campus based. Excellent sports and good music/arts scene. Most first years live in halls then move out. A bike would be useful for getting around in what is a fairly rural area.

Would she consider Edinburgh then? Stirling uni is nearer Bridge of Allan, which is a beautiful - if slightly twee - town than people from Edinburgh and Glasgow aspire to retire to! It's not terribly easy to get to Edinburgh or Glasgow from Stirling uni, although you'd think it would be.

snowyowl70 Fri 17-May-13 23:40:21

Only as a visitor when I was a student in Edinburgh back in the Dark Ages !! I personally love the city and DD1 loves historic places so think she would like it to especially with Edinburgh easily accessed for retail therapy !!

I know quite a lot of people who went there and loved it. It's good for sporty students especially, I think. DS considered it, but I don't think he liked the campus aspect of it. It's quite far from Stirling - most activites happen on the campus rather than the town. Do you know the area?

snowyowl70 Fri 17-May-13 23:32:45

DD1 looking at Unis and Stirling come back on her radar after dropping off for a while. Any feedback as to quality of teaching, accomodation and other aspects of student life ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now