Mature Student

(8 Posts)
givemeaclue Fri 01-Mar-13 09:46:39

Yes, don't do the lpc unless you have a training contract. You have a lot of other options open to you. Although teaching etc would mean more study/fees

ItWentThatWay Thu 28-Feb-13 23:27:13

Update:

Had appointment with a careers advisor and went through the career options available with an LLB - everything from teaching to MI5! Do feeling a lot more positve now I know there's other options available.

ItWentThatWay Sun 10-Feb-13 20:20:44

Thank you for your replies. I have appointments with careers departments this week. The answer may well be to finish and see what is available. I have funds for the LPC, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

amillionyears Sun 10-Feb-13 14:14:21

Have you spoken to your Uni careers department lately?

amillionyears Sun 10-Feb-13 14:13:08

Am I right in thinking there is a glut of students with law degrees at the moment?

BoneChina Sun 10-Feb-13 14:08:50

See what "doors" open or you ........... iPad typo !

BoneChina Sun 10-Feb-13 14:07:50

Hi. I used to work for a law firm (in London) - in a non-lawyer capacity. Several of the lawyers I worked for actually did their time in law - got through their articles plus a year or two - and then decided to career change:

3 I know of re-trained to teach
1 I know of is now a very successful artist

I guess the answer is to finish your degree and see what does open for you as a result. (This answers my own question posted on here too grin.

God luck. See it through. Law is so diverse - you will have plenty of avenues to explore. Company- Finance - matrimonial - civil .... To name but a few.

ItWentThatWay Sat 09-Feb-13 14:10:51

I'm 40 and in second year of a law degree. I have been doing some research into finding a job a job at the end of my course, and to be honest, I'm wondering why I'm bothering putting myself through this, as it seems pretty hopeless.

Can anybody offer any advice regarding jobs/careers or even offer a bit of hope?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now