Trying to promote on facebook, can't seem to boost my posts?

(4 Posts)
topsi Sat 12-Oct-13 09:33:48

I write a post on my business page and then go to boost and put in my budget. Then nothing happens.
I promoted a page on my personal page the other day for £4 something and it went through ok.
Am I doing something wrong?

Talkinpeace Sat 12-Oct-13 21:28:27

DH does not bother.
He pays for adwords but all else is unpaid
FB is too erratic for most businesses : because the people who book him tend not to be friends with each other on FB

m0nkeynuts Sun 13-Oct-13 12:40:02

I've never use FB advertising, but my understanding of boosting a post is that it just makes it more likely your page 'likers' will see that post in their timeline.

So the only evidence you'll see of it working is that your 'seen by' figure should be higher for the boosted post than it is for your other posts.

Presumably you haven't noticed a difference though?

m2mmlistings Wed 16-Oct-13 23:36:37

Facebook advertising has changed a lot...... I find it extremely effective (baby/mums related business) but I am fascinated by the facebook insights so know my avatar very well and target them specifically. I also have 4000 fans on my main fb page and use squeeze pages from that to access parts of my website to squeeze more value out of my fb ads spend

Now you can target people according to age/ interests so it is not reliant on friends. Facebook compiles info based on the pages people like and visit and you can be quite subtle about it. So for example if you sell organic veg you could target people interested in cooking..... if you are an accountant wanting to attract mumpreneurs you can target women in a certain age bracket interested in starting a business etc etc
For me it is very effective.
I also use google adwords too - mainly on banner remarketing campaigns which are great once you have them going but more expensive than fb ads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now