Small Business Recruitment Help

(7 Posts)
ToDoList Sun 25-Aug-13 19:25:33

Thanks for all your helpful replies. Through the local chamber of commerce website I found someone offering outsourced hr, so we've set up an assessment centre and she's helping with interview questions and contracts.

I'm stupidly excited about recruiting this way rather than relying on just interviews and gut feeling.

WilsonFrickett Mon 19-Aug-13 22:53:10

Whitehead Mann are very good but omg £££££!

Try your local chamber of commerce to see if they have any freelance/interim hr people on their books. Or even try people per hour. You'll definitely be able to get this kind of service from an individual rather than an organisation, which will save you a lot of money.

TheDoctrineOfJetlag Mon 19-Aug-13 20:43:30

Whitehead Mann might be able to help you and I think has offices in your general area.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 19-Aug-13 20:04:54

No worries.

You will probably need to ask them if they do it, it might not be something they put on their website as I am guessing not many orgs do this. But any good all round HR person will have the experience you need.

ToDoList Mon 19-Aug-13 18:39:48

Thank you! I was googling recruitment rather than HR, so hopefully I'll find someone local, though still not sure how commonplace this service is in the north east.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 19-Aug-13 17:29:44

A HR consultant should be able to help. You might of seen flowery on the employment board she probably does that sort of thing.

Depends where in the country you are. I have worked with the HR Partnership - on some HR issues not exactly what you are looking to do - before (cannot link easily as on phone) they are South East and were good.

So search HR consultant/adviser or out sourced HR.

If you want somebody to run a particular test eg Myers-Briggs you would need to find somebody with that accreditation (i think).

The CIPD the HR professional body probably has a search on their site.

Good luck, sounds like a good idea.

I used to love interviewing (when I was employed).

ToDoList Mon 19-Aug-13 15:10:25

I have a small business (8 employees). Usually recruit through interviews, but I would like to try holding a recruitment day where potential employees do various activities to assess team work potential etc followed by interviews for the top 3.

Are there people out there who would organise the activities required, so that I can observe potential new recruits without stressing over the tasks. If there are, what are the keywords I should search for?

Or is this a business idea for someone (to set up in the next week please)?

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now