Business telephone banking shuts at 8pm and my card reader still hasnt arrived!!

(6 Posts)
bacon Mon 05-Aug-13 20:55:20

On the Lloyds TSB website it states baking until 10pm but after putting in all my security details endless endless its shut!!

I have a major problem my card reader is corrupt and I ordered a new one thinking it would be overnight as its a 'business' account - but no it states on the web page up to 10 working days (2 weeks) WTF??? what am I supposed to do? I cannot pay anyone or check my account twice a day unless I find out all my payables their bank details. All info is stored on my account and cant log in what a complete joke! My employees now I have to go into the local bank with all their details.

This is unbelievably ludicrous obviously if I had known I would of ordered another unit but at the time I thought the batteries would need changing.

Is this a common trait on all business accounts? Whats the point of telephone banking if I cant 'bank'? How can a card reader take 10 days when I can get most things overnight? Does anyone have a better business account thats more user friendly?

Just proves that reliance on the internet is flawed.

have you tried calling them? You can use telephone banking as well as internet banking.

bdbfan Mon 05-Aug-13 22:15:10

Can you not pop into your branch and pick up a new card reader? I've done it before, they have loads spare in branch

chickydoo Mon 05-Aug-13 22:20:08

Nat West sent me a card reader in 24 hrs, when I spilt coffee on mine.. Also business banking available on line 24hrs a day.

bacon Tue 06-Aug-13 18:02:26

Business banking has limited hours to personal banking 8-8. Nope you cannot pick anything up at the branch. The branch kept telling me that they dont deal with 'business customers' and couldnt understand my problems - they had no concept of the business card reader. When I asked for a statement I was told again we are not a business branch and that I would have to phone my business manager and ask him to run off my statement verablly!!! I told them that all my payees are stored on the system and struggled to understand why I couldnt use internet banking. To overcome this I would have to drawer cash and run around all the banks paying in it. One payment today was for Halifax - even though its in the group they would have to charge me £30 to pay my employees wages so I had to withdrawer the cash then walk over to the Halifax to pay it in. Just proves the problem with business banking - ok if your in the 'City' but within a town no one can help you and if say yr broadband down or reader corrupt you are seriously buggered! Apparently my card reader is supposed to arrive tomorrow - yippie!!!

Borrow one. I don't even think it had to be from the same bank (ie I know Barclays and Natwest ones are interchangeable)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now