facebook page & website finally finished! cheap baby childrens & toddler clothes!

(13 Posts)
natalie3990 Sun 14-Jul-13 21:40:15

please can i have opinions on my facebook page and website which i have finally finished! been a hard road but has all come together just in time as i have a 6 day old beautiful baby girl now so have been working hard to get everything done and finished the past 9 months would love peoples opinions on products & prices as i have tried to price everything as cheap as i could
and also on my site in general would you shop on it?

www.facebook.com/babyworldboutiqueclothing

www.babyworldboutique.co.uk

thankyou all in advance for your input smile

x

Buswanker Sun 14-Jul-13 22:01:56

You spelt guarantee incorrectly in the website.

natalie3990 Sun 14-Jul-13 22:18:35

which part please? thankyou very much

m0nkeynuts Sun 14-Jul-13 22:22:50

This page is titled 'Price Match Guarentee'

m0nkeynuts Sun 14-Jul-13 22:26:32

Also 'competitors' is wrong on your Blog page (you have it as 'competetors')

m0nkeynuts Sun 14-Jul-13 22:28:59

It'd be helpful to add a way to filter by clothes size / age on each category - is that something you can easily implement with your system?

m0nkeynuts Sun 14-Jul-13 22:37:46

Another wee point ... your Delivery page states "Our aim at Beauty Desires is ..." but the rest of your website refers to the name Baby World Boutique.

natalie3990 Mon 15-Jul-13 09:27:38

thankyou so much for your help smile i have changed my mistakes and i am going to talk to my website developer today r.e filter (fab idea thankyou) x

rockybalboa Mon 15-Jul-13 09:33:41

One of my bugbears on a website is seeing pictures of items that you don't actually seem to sell. So in the Baby clothes section there are pics in the top banner of a baby in a pea suit and a baby in a cow suit. But you don't seem to sell the cow suit. Why feature stuff that you don't sell?

natalie3990 Mon 15-Jul-13 09:54:12

when my order came in some of the things i had ordered did not come and the supplier had sent different things instead, the supplier had sent me all my images of outfits etc that i had originally ordered (1 of which was the cow suit and some dresses, and bear outfits) i am going to be placing another order very soon (as soon as me and baby are settled in at home) & the supplier has promised me that the outfits i ordered last time but did not receive will be there

m0nkeynuts Mon 15-Jul-13 18:13:08

'Guarantee' is still wrong on this page and the menu at the bottom smile

RE the items mentioned above that you don't currently have in stock, any chance of having them listed on the site as out of stock, with a box that customers can enter their email address in to be notified when stock is available?

WilsonFrickett Thu 18-Jul-13 11:32:33

The website generally is too 'princessy' for my taste, however that's a taste thing - however you should be aware that some people will not shop in Prince and Princess shops. That said the clothes look nice and there's good clear photography.

However there are some repeated grammar mistakes throughout. I think it would really be worth your while to have an experienced web proofreader take a look at the site.

In general:

You need to work out the possessive apostrophe:

Girls' clothes - many girls
Girl's clothes - clothes for one girl.

Not Every Word Needs A Capital Even When It Is Product Descriptions. It makes things very hard to read.

You have stuffed your 'About Us' with so many keywords that it's unreadable. Your 'why shop with us' is much clearer.

Generally you have quite a lot of 'writing' - which you don't need. You don't need, for example, to put an adjective on every category of footwear - Stylish Footwear For Little Boys, Stylish Footwear For Little Girls, Stylish Unisex Footwear.

It's punchier to just put Girls, Boys and Unisex. We already know we're in footwear because we've clicked through there and we can also see the pictures which tell us we're in footwear - do you see what I mean? Try not to add words which describe the images, use words to reinforce the images.

HTH.

NEScribe Mon 29-Jul-13 19:31:59

Hi,
Congratulations on the new arrival smile

Yes, i have to agree with the comments about the copy on your website. I am a writer and I hate seeing errors on websites. There is also a mention of London and shops in other parts of the UK. Do you have shops? If not then there will be problems if someone wants to visit.
Do you have help? If not then from bitter experience, I can tell you that some days, same day despatch will be a problem - that won't matter to many but on our dog website, we say despatch is usually same day but occasionally could be next day so if they urgently need it next day, they should ring to check. Might put some off I guess but less stressful for us and saves letting someone down.You know the saying about how many people an unhappy customer will speak to! Hth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now