Stella & Dot, stylist experiences welcomed!

(3 Posts)
Carolynnmc1 Mon 17-Jun-13 07:45:53

Hi Cocobellaboo,

Thanks so much for replying to me, great to here that you had enjoyed your time with stella & dot, I love the jewellery and have had quite a lot of positive feedback when I have showed some friends the look book. I have also had a few friends who have not been so positive and basically told me they wouldn't be interested in paying that amount for what they would call costume jewellery!!

Did you find that all of your trunk shows would hit the £300 mark? Would hate for my hostesses to not get any perks for having a party.

I live in quite a rural area so to get the best parties will have to travel, will have to work things out and make sure with diesel costs I will be in profit!:-)

I am super keen though and ready to put my all into something for myself as much as I love being at home and working for other half I need to feel a bit more independent.

Thanks again and glad you have found your dream job!

cocobellaboo Thu 13-Jun-13 23:19:10

Hi there - I am new to mumsnet too and have just joined so that I can reply to you! I was a stylist for SD for a year and I would throughly recommend it. I have stopped now because by doing SD I found my dream job. There are so many great things about it - for meeting people and challenging yourself to name just a couple. The training is great and essential to go to. I made some really good money but there is no such thing as easy money and you have to work hard. It's a job after all! Hope that helps!

Carolynnmc1 Sat 08-Jun-13 08:13:30

Hi all,

I am new to Mumsnet, so hello to anyone that reads this!

I work at home on the farm, helping outside and keeping the ever increasing paperwork up to date.

I have been looking into becoming a stylist for stella & dot to give myself a bit of extra cash and get out and about to meet new faces and have something for myself to get my teeth into. Love the look of the jewellery and have spoken to a lovely lady that I would be signed up to.

It's been in the country a couple of years now and just wondering if any stylists out there could give me any advice, are they enjoying it and finding it worthwhile? The only thing that worries me is that times are hard and is jewellery seen as a luxury that people could really do without?

Thank you in advance for any advice received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now