Right, How Do I Close My Shop?

(108 Posts)

I think I've pretty much decided that I will close when the lease is up in October.

I've got a total of £20k debt (in loan and credit card) to pay off, as well as bills and invoices until I close.

How do I make sure that all this wonderful stock that no one wants to buy goes before my deadline of 24th October?
How do I close?
How do I close all my accounts? (and yes, I'm pretty sure that I'll have to pay get out fees for phone line and utilities)

I feel fucking gutted.

Snog Wed 12-Jun-13 18:41:58

Its not a question of whether anyone could make a success of it though, its about whether someone else thinks they can make a go of it or fancies a try at it.
Plenty of folk have a running a bookshop dream and a bit of money to invest. And after all you may be right that if BIWI can't make a go of it nobody can, but there again you may be wrong.

greenhill Wed 12-Jun-13 20:27:43

Still sending support unique

I could make a go of it in different circumstances

thank you greenhill

I've signed up to take a stall at our christmas lights switch on day in November
I'm only going to be in hiding, not gone forever grin

greenhill Wed 19-Jun-13 22:31:57

I've seen some great posts from you in AIBU and some book related ones recently. You seem a bit more positive. Sorry haven't replied to you directly on them <I tend to lurk more than post, my wpm speed is very low now>

How are things?

MrsKwazii Thu 20-Jun-13 10:26:57

How are things going Nickel?

sad greenhill - I'm trying to use my public face wink

it's really bad - was gobsmacked that people think i've already closed, and business seems to have gone through the floor.

definitely the right decision!

I've had the quietest week in the world ever - but not even people walking past.

I did a fair on saturday (DH looked after the shop) and took £45 (but table was £10+ a raffle prize). DH took about £100 in the shop!

So far, my month is down £2630, with 9 days to make that (and that's not covering last month's shortfall)

the rent is due at the end of the month and I have just under £1K in the bank account.
<sigh>

(to put that in perspective, I've taken £1760 in the last 16 days, so basically need to at least double each day just to get the minimum budget required)

but on a positive note, a supplier has just rung to say /i should get a previously-not-applied discount so I might actually make a small margin on that school order!
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now