So many lemons!

(18 Posts)
Liara Mon 03-Feb-14 20:43:25

Lemon pie. Yummy.

recipe

JamNan Mon 03-Feb-14 20:40:18

Lemon marmalade. If you haven't time to make it the next few days you can freeze them.

Lemonade.

Lemon barley water.

Lemon possett
Another vote for lemon curd. Now I am craving some lemon curd on toast!

Deathwatchbeetle Mon 03-Feb-14 13:51:11

Let us know when you get down to making all the suggestions (especially the ice cream) and we will form an orderly queue!

Deathwatchbeetle Mon 03-Feb-14 13:50:31

Damn I could have used one yesterday to drizzle over my roasted veg.

You can also use lemon juice around the house. My friend often cleans her sink with it.

You could also do and freeze a lemon sauce - sweet or savoury - my mum made a lovely thickish lemon sauce to go with thick american style pancakes. Yum!

monniemae Fri 31-Jan-14 22:48:42

Lemon ice cream from River Cafe. Recipe online. So easy! Cream, lemons, sugar, no ice cream maker required - and DELICIOUS

DramaAlpaca Fri 31-Jan-14 22:32:25

Lemon sorbet is yummy. Takes a while to make but is so worth it.

boogiewoogie Fri 31-Jan-14 22:31:08

Lemon surprise pudding from Delia's Complete Cookery Course book.
Lemon cheesecake
Lemon curd.
Lemon drizzle cake.

LittleBabyPigsus Fri 31-Jan-14 20:19:54

Ooh yes to lemon marmalade - will keep much better than lemon curd, which doesn't keep that well thanks to the egg.

Lemon ice cream or sorbet?

Onykahonie Fri 31-Jan-14 15:14:13

How about lemon marmalade?

TheSteveMilliband Fri 31-Jan-14 15:10:55

Limoncello with the peel...take off peel with a potato peeler, steep in vodka for a couple of weeks then add sugar syrup wine

ShatterResistant Fri 31-Jan-14 12:54:29

Lemon drizzle and lemon chicken are go. But please advise on lemon syrup cake! Sounds amazing.

senua Fri 31-Jan-14 10:42:34

Preserved lemons seem to be turning up in all the trendy recipes. I'm waiting for my first batch to mature.

But, meanwhile, need you ask? - lemon drizzle cake of course!grin

Gremlingirl Fri 31-Jan-14 10:37:38

Chop them into chunks or slices and freeze them to use in drinks.

IndigoTea Fri 31-Jan-14 10:33:54

Lemonade would be the easiest option?

Squeeze the lemons, add 1 cup sugar, mix till dissolved, add water/sprite/7up/carbonated water. If you some mint, chop and chuck in there and some blueberries cut in half. Yum!

Or lemon cheesecake smile

Lemon curd; lemon chicken; slice & freeze some for drinks; lemon drizzle cake

EarlGreyCuppa Fri 31-Jan-14 09:49:49

Lemon syrup cake pleeeeaase!

ShatterResistant Fri 31-Jan-14 09:47:28

Due to an administrative error (marrying someone who goes to the supermarket without checking what we already have) I have discovered I'm the proud owner of 11 lemons. What on earth should I do with them? Any recipes or suggestions welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now