Can anyone help me come up with something for chicken breasts and slow cooker please?

(4 Posts)

How about a quick chicken stew (would probbly take 30-45 mins) - but not in the slow cooker? You'd need to add tin of toms or you could turn it into a curry if you have paste.

cazakstan Wed 11-Sep-13 12:54:06

oops 4 to 6 hours. x

cazakstan Wed 11-Sep-13 12:53:26

Hi Neena...your lovely chicken breasts will go tough if you cook them in the slow cooker. Best to use chicken on the bone for the slow cooker. Potato's don't do very well in slow cooker either...
That said...I'd par boil the potato's, chop the carrots, onion and garlic and the chicken...sliced...throw it all in the slow cooker with maybe a tin of tomatoes and whatever herbs you have, bay,basil,turmeric or curry. $ to 6 Hours should do it. Oh...add a bit of salt before serving.

Neena28 Wed 11-Sep-13 12:27:41

Hi all

I have chicken breast, potato and onion, carrots, garlic, seasoning stuff and a slow cooker (and some other bits but not loads)...it's 12.25, is there anything I can do with that for tonight before 5.30pm in a slow cooker?

Don't want to waste the chicken or freeze it really but am a bit stuck for ideas. Wondered if any slow cooker pros could help as I am really struggling with it.

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now