Can anyone recommend a fab plate for serving pavlova?

(9 Posts)

Looks fab multitask smile

I think you need a big glass plate. Charity shops often have massive platters.

multitask Sun 14-Jul-13 20:55:33

30cm is fine for us, turned over it is bevelled and the flat area is 25cm. I have put a picture on my profile of plate in use. This is a 4 egg pavlova we generally don't make them any larger so any bigger than that the plate would be too small. A lovely blue & white spode plate would be lovely smile

Like the Big Fella plate. I fancy something colourful though. I looked at some blue and white Spode plates on the portmeirion website earlier. Is the 30cm Big fella plenty big enough for a big pav?

multitask Sun 14-Jul-13 17:42:17

I have a wooden round dish, hole in centre for dip and space all around the side for crudities. Identical to this

images.replacements.com/images/images5/china/S/spode_blue_italian_camilla_newer_chip_dip_wood_plate_only_P0000095582S0666T2.jpg

I turn it over and use it for pavlova not very posh but takes up little space in the cupboard and serves two purposes smile

Pantah630 Sun 14-Jul-13 16:43:05

Snap mawbroon grin

shoofly Sun 14-Jul-13 13:59:37

http://m.millyskitchenstore.co.uk/JamieOliverWhiteOnWhite30cmBigFellaPlateorRoundPlatter-Product-48.html?gclid=CMGFx5iEr7gCFUTItAodZw0AHQ What about this one? We were given it as a wedding present and it looks great with a pavlova on it smile

mawbroon Sun 14-Jul-13 11:56:34

I kept the turntable out of our old microwave which is ideal for things like this.

Maybe not everyone's idea of a fab plate though!!

And other large puds? Mine will be either balanced precariously on my cake stand or hanging off the side of a dinner plate this lunchtime. I think I need to treat myself to a large impressive looking platter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now