i'm going to sainsburys

(15 Posts)

I have come back with lots of fresh salad stuff, cous cous, cookies and treated myself to some garlic and herb chicken from the hot food section grin

Ruffello Fri 12-Jul-13 16:27:27

Tescos are selling 2 cucumbers for £1 at the moment. I made this earlier in the week. Very nice indeed!

TheFallenNinja Fri 12-Jul-13 16:15:35

The Ethnic food aisle is where the real bargains are. Good quality, bulk packs, great range, inexpensive spices.

TheFallenNinja Fri 12-Jul-13 16:14:05

Yep. Raspberry and white chocolate smile

I shall search out the lemon and corriander cous cous as I love that stuff grin

Cookies are £1 you say? ups budget to £30 to include mass cookie buying

TheFallenNinja Fri 12-Jul-13 14:23:39

Cookies are on at £1 this week smile

Twitterqueen Fri 12-Jul-13 14:21:20

coronation chicken - make it yourself of course. A little goes a long way and it is delicious

LittleNoona Fri 12-Jul-13 14:18:39

Sainsburys harrisa cous cous and lemon and coriander cous cous are both lovely - 70p ish too

Dancingqueen17 Fri 12-Jul-13 14:16:37

I always thing cous cous is quite summery

wow, adding sweetcorn is pretty out there grin

You sure could. We're dull. If we want to blow our minds with excitement we add sweetcorn grin

ouryve Fri 12-Jul-13 11:31:44

Plenty of eggs - you can boil them or make frittata, which is nice cold, like crustless quiche.

New potatoes are cheap now and nice warm or cold.

ooh that sound's tasty. Might pop a few chillis in there to give it a bit of a kick?

tuna, mayo, spring onions, pasta for a lovely pasta salad. We've been living on it for this past week!

and I have a budget of £20.

I want to get some stuff to make lovely summer foods. Other than salad stuff what can I get?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now