puff pastry ideas

(14 Posts)
UptoapointLordCopper Sun 19-May-13 17:03:11

We made Scotch egg pie, from ready rolled puff pastry and from pork mince + bacon bits rather than sausage meat. It was yummy.

Anifrangapani Sun 19-May-13 16:56:10

Roll out thin cut into 2. Sprinkle parmasen, strips of parma ham and celery seeds. Brussh second sheet with egg wash and put it eggy side down on the cheesy one. Squash it a bit to seal the layers. Refridgerate for 30 minutes and then cut into strips. Twist and bake. They are soooooooo yummy.

frenchfancy Sun 19-May-13 16:45:08

Strawberry millefuille - been on my to do list for a while, might make it this week.

Apple strudel? Yum!

RVPisnomore Sun 19-May-13 15:37:28

Chop 2 leeks and fry in butter
Fry 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
Mix together with small jar of holland arise sauce and 2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard
Add 3/4 of a slab of grated gruyere and then mix all together
Place in the middle of the party and seal
Cook in the oven for 25 mins and you'll have a truly delicious parcel.

Served with roasted potatoes, veggies and gravy.......

HalleLouja Sun 19-May-13 15:35:55

I just put chopped fresh cherry tomatoes with goats cheese or dolcelatte and cook in the oven.

KatyMac Sun 19-May-13 15:33:35

On baking paper or they stick

KatyMac Sun 19-May-13 15:25:24

Either

I like face down for sausage meat & like snails for tomato/cheese

LeBFG Sun 19-May-13 15:06:10

Just found a recipe online. Spread dijon mustard over one sheet and top with ham and cheese, then second sheet to seal. Sounds good, no?

LeBFG Sun 19-May-13 15:02:10

Sounds fab Remus, will add to recipe list.

LeBFG Sun 19-May-13 14:58:43

Thanks Katy - do you cook the spirals cut-side down or seam-side down (iyswim)?

Ooh I made a nice pie last week, but I used ready rolled puff pastry because I am a slattern.

Gently fry a big sliced leek and a big sliced onion. You want them to soften but not colour. Put them in a bowl and mix in a packet of cubed feta, one egg, a packet of chopped baby spinach and some thyme and black pepper.

Put the pastry on a baking sheet and put the filling on half of it then fold over and crimp. Cut some slashes in the top and bake. Gorgeous.

KatyMac Sun 19-May-13 14:53:15

Roll out thin spread with tomato pasta sauce & grated cheese (or sausage meat) roll into a long tube slice & bake for spirals

Roll out thing cut into squares add tuna mayo & chopped tomatoes & make triangular pasties

LeBFG Sun 19-May-13 14:44:51

Hi
I've just started making puff pastry - it puffs fine so I've frozen a lump. I would like to make some yummy things with it. Any ideas?

For a pie, can I just use shortcrust for the base and puff for the top - would that work OK or be a bit odd? I want to stretch out the puff so it seems a shame to make a pie with the base weighted with filling....<puff virgin>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now