Cous cous

(6 Posts)

Then again if you are a tomato lover, Sainsbo's do midi plum tomatoes on the vine which I roast and dd1 drools over when eaten with a risotto or paella.

Thanks but I don't 'do' tomatoes, if I can help it! Can cope with v under-ripe Santorini ones, but only on the side (where they can't ooze their seedy juice anywhere!).

lolalotta Sat 18-May-13 18:39:20

I would add some posh baby tomatoes...(the cheap ones don't have any flavour I find, tomatoes are worth spending out on!)

Soaking the onions = an excellent idea. When I do Greek salad, I soak the onions in a bit of red wine first. Yum. Watercress is an excellent idea too - I adore the stuff.

hugoagogo Sat 18-May-13 18:14:42

I just had giant cous cous for the very first time; I cooked it in a little marigold stock and had it with falafels, watercress, celery and tomatoes and goats cheese and red pepper dip. yum I have eaten it so cannot post a pic. blush

Your list sounds good, just chuck it altogether, maybe soak your finely sliced red onions in the lemon juice for a couple of mins first and it will be delish.

I have got a packet of giant cous cous, some flatleaf parsley and coriander, some lemons and red onions and some feta. Can I make a delicious salad with those ingredients?

What other things would help to turn giant cous cous into a delicious salad if not? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now