Talk to me about Gnocchi

(58 Posts)
iamnowawhaticallmother Thu 09-May-13 14:08:01

I am OBSESSED with Gnocchi. It is my absolute favourite food. Began obsession when served it in Rome in a simple tomato sauce - couldn't have been more simple. The best thing I have ever eaten. Obviously that was fresh Gnocchi.

So I have three questions...
1/ Have you come across any good fresh or dried Gnocchi at any of the major supermarkets?
2/ What can you have with Gnocchi that isn't tomato sauce/ chopped tomatoes or Pesto?
3/ Any general Gnocchi tips?!

Anyone else out there as obsessed as me?

I've got a recipe for a mushroom sauce which I used to do with gnocchi all the time but DH hates mushrooms. hmm

MaryIngalls Sun 26-May-13 22:52:38

Mrs HelsBels we love mushrooms and we love gnocchi...please could you share your recipe?

I'll PM you when I'm on the computer (on phone app right now & it will take forever to type!)

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Tue 28-May-13 00:33:22

What's gnocchi like for freezing?

AndMiffyWentToSleep Tue 28-May-13 06:56:32

It is great for freezing - I cook it straight from frozen and it only takes a few minutes so it is one of the quickest meals I can do! Just wait for it to rise to the top of the pan of boiling water and it is done.

Bubble brain, I need that recipe please grin

theboutiquemummy Wed 29-May-13 18:47:58

I make a lamb casserole and drop a good handful in instead of dumplings it's delish or fry them and toss them through a salad

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Wed 29-May-13 23:08:10

Thanks Miffy, that's great to know. Obviously it's very quick to cook anyway but it's great if you want to stop wastage - one packet usually far too much for me and ds/ dh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now