Chorizo is truly magical

(30 Posts)
Iatemyskinnyperson Wed 24-Apr-13 18:58:56

Doesn't it make anything taste good? Just had courgettes and chorizo pan fried and then covered in melted mozzarella. It was feckin lush

Trazzletoes Sun 28-Apr-13 08:15:08

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall has a recipe for making your own - it basically ends up like lumps rather than in a big sausage shape but it is AMAZING!

Recipe is here enjoy!

ArrowofApollo Sun 28-Apr-13 08:15:59

I'm having paella carne for dinner and that will have chorizo. I also have a lentil and chorizo soup recipe.
If make tortilla I layer chorizo slices in it.

Thingymajigs Sun 28-Apr-13 08:18:49

Its a staple ingredient in our house too thanks to DP. He's obsessed with the stuff. Whenever he cooks he just googles chorizo recipes. It became a tad annoying when he ruined my bolognese with it though but he redeemed himself by making an amazing chicken and chorizo pie.
Its also the only way I can cook an otherwise vegetarian pasta meal without him moaning. Pasta, pesto, cheese and chorizo is amazing as a calorific treat. Thats the only real issue with chorizo, the fat and calorie content is off the chart.

wreckitralph Sun 28-Apr-13 12:52:21

Since my DH is half Spanish I am very lucky indeed to go there a lot and eat the gorgeous food his mum and aunty cooks. They eat really well and drink fab wine. If you like chorizo, you should also check out Jamon Iberico and Jamon Serrano and look up tapas from the Pais Basco area and La Rioja. I have always loved Spanish food but thought I had died and gone to heaven when I went to Bilbao and La Rioja last year. Lots of us go to South Spain on holiday but one thing I have learned from my DH's rellies is that the north is the best place and their food (and wine) is the best in the world.

Madame - my MIL always scores the outside and peels the skin off in one go. Spaniards don't eat the skin. Sometimes they also boil it for a bit in water to get rid of the fat.

Thank you wreckitralph. Forgot you could peel it. Doh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now