Freezing lasagna?

(8 Posts)
Yonihadtoask Sun 21-Apr-13 16:08:40

The foil cartons are good.

Assemble and freeze before cooking.

It tastes better than if made, cooked and eaten on the day grin

DorisShutt Sun 21-Apr-13 16:07:33

Oooh - never thought about using the foil versions for the oven.

At this rate I'll be a proper grown up very soon if you ignore the hovel I live in wink

I make mini cottage pies in the foil ones. It's all dd and dp lived on when I was in hospital with ds!

DorisShutt Sun 21-Apr-13 16:01:42

Hmm, sounds doable.

I was thinking about maybe getting a bit foil version, but dividing into Chinese cartons sounds more sensible; and faster for eating.

And actually, I have a huge casserole, so I could make a double load an then divide and freeze half.

Thanks everyone thanks

susiedaisy Sun 21-Apr-13 15:55:08

Yes you can I have been doing this fir years I cut it into individual portions and either pop it in a freezer bag or a plastic container, I try to use it up within around 6 weeks after freezing though otherwise I find it starts to get freezer burnt!

I do.

Sliced (or chopped? confused) into portions in those Chinese containers then I just microwave it

notapizzaeater Sun 21-Apr-13 15:50:51

Yes you can - I freeze it all the time. I use the clear plastic "Chinese/Indian containers" and either microwave in these or put it back ino the original container to oven heat.

DorisShutt Sun 21-Apr-13 15:48:54

Firstly can you?

Secondly, what do you freeze it in? I have a lasagna dish; it's also my fish pie, pasta bake, shepherds pie etc dish - freezing it isn't an option!

I'd love to make a few and freeze them so I can look like a domestic goddess on the days I work wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now