Suggest an easy pasta dish for tea tonight please.

(22 Posts)
Bunbaker Wed 27-Feb-13 11:43:23

I win! grin

I'm glad you enjoyed it. DD has asked me to make it again.

Swerving Tue 26-Feb-13 23:23:07

smile well, my guests have just gone. It went well and the food was a hit.
I chose your suggestion Bunbaker as I just happened to have some Philli in the fridge. Thank you all for the recommendations. I hope to work my way through them and give them all a try.
And so relieved to get such instant replies - I really was in a bit of a panic a bit.

sharond101 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:49:41

pesto, brocolli and chicken

Cherry toms chopped in half, loads of fresh basil ripped and stir in creme freche. Simples and fresh.

thefirstmrsrochester Tue 26-Feb-13 19:10:17

SnowyWellies that sounds lush. I'm drooling now, even though i just finished eating dinner.

Oh my god MrsOakenshield you have just put my favourite ever sauce together ( I don't cook in case you noticed!) but think i could do that, it sounds gorgeous smile

MrsOakenshield Tue 26-Feb-13 19:00:59

stick some penne or rigatoni on. Toast a generous handful of pine nuts. Grate a generous amount of parmesan. Boil a whole head of broccoli, cut into small florets, for 3 minutes. Mix pasta, pine nuts, cheese, broccoli and a good dollop of creme fraiche together. Dish up with more parmesan and black pepper.

Now, this would be generous for 2 so adjust accordingly. Takes about 12 minutes to cook (ie however long it takes the penne to cook). Yummy.

SnowyWellies Tue 26-Feb-13 18:57:29

Saw this on a food blog and tried it and it was lovely.

2 cloves garlic

lots of creme fraiche

st agur cheese

sautee garlic in olive oil, add creme fraiche, crumble in cheese and heat slowly until cheese melted through. Add pasta.

It tastes utterly luxurious. And the easiest thing ever.

MrsWolowitzerables Tue 26-Feb-13 18:55:36

Fry an oinon.

Add a chopped clove of garlic.

Tip in a tin of chopped tomatoes and a good splash of white wine or marsarla.

Leave bubble for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened.

Chuck in some prawns or squid and cook through.

Serve over pasta.

Enjoy.

Ashoething Tue 26-Feb-13 18:55:06

Sluts spaghetti aka puttanesca-fry an onion,garlic,a chilli,a tin of anchovies and a tin on tomatoes in loads of olive oil. Cook your spaghetti add to your sauce and heat through. I usually add extra chilli flakes at the end too but I love spicy food!

twinklesparkles Tue 26-Feb-13 18:50:58

Pesto pasta

Boil pasta . Drain. Add pesto. Stir. Add a mini bit of grated cheese

Seriously simple but the most moreish thing ever!!

drjohnsonscat Tue 26-Feb-13 17:38:39

microwave a few salmon fillets, stir into pasta with mascarpone with peas and parmesan. Takes the time it takes to boil the pasta.

MrsDoomsPatterson Tue 26-Feb-13 17:38:38
JaquelineHyde Tue 26-Feb-13 17:37:55

My 7 yr old DS just made Tuna pasta and salad for dinner.

Not mindblowing but certainly easy grin

MrsDoomsPatterson Tue 26-Feb-13 17:37:44

Was thinking prawns and lemon...how about this?http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4786/pasta-with-lemon-butter-prawns

SweepTheHalls Tue 26-Feb-13 17:36:48

Tomato, black olives, tuna, tomatoes , that what I'm having for tea!

Bunbaker Tue 26-Feb-13 17:36:34

I made this the other day. So simple to make and so tasty.

DelGirl Tue 26-Feb-13 17:36:20

carbonara. Proscuitto and beaten eggs fried off in lots of olive oil then stirred into spaghetti then add parmesan and black pepper.

Branleuse Tue 26-Feb-13 17:35:41

pesto cheese and black pepper ftw !

SingingSands Tue 26-Feb-13 17:33:50

Pasta ribbons with either:

1) Smoked salmon, mushrooms + creme fraiche; or

2) Pancetta, mushrooms, cream + parmesan.

I'm having option 2 tonight as DH is away and its super quick to make.

zookeeper Tue 26-Feb-13 17:32:34

Pasta with smoked salmon trimmings and a pack of Philadelphia cheese stirred through is nice. Garnish with lemon and black pepper

Swerving Tue 26-Feb-13 17:30:50

Unexpected visitors are coming later and I asked what they'd like. I dont do pasta so have nothing in but can dash out to get ingredients from the supermarket. Any ideas welcome as my mind is empty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now