How much food does your 4 year old eat?

(28 Posts)
BertieBotts Sat 23-Feb-13 11:37:57

Inspired by the "teenagers" thread grin

DS is a bottomless pit! This morning he's eaten two pieces of fruit, an enormous bowl of cereal, a whole carrot and half a packet of minstrels. He often gets to the end of a meal and asks for more and I resort to toast because I just don't have anything to fill him. Fruit in particular I can't keep in the house - I bought five apples, five bananas and about 7 satsumas the other day, and these lasted around 3-4 days (I did eat some too, but not much). He will eat an entire cucumber in 2 or 3 sittings. I find it really hard to keep enough fresh fruit and vegetables in the house.

BertieBotts Sun 24-Feb-13 13:51:18

Ah! I thought it was under-5s. Thanks smile

BertieBotts Sun 24-Feb-13 13:51:48

Not that I've ever particularly banned him from nuts, but I haven't particularly persuaded him to try them, either.

Thumbwitch Sun 24-Feb-13 13:55:55

I've given DS1 (now 5) almonds, mostly, and the occasional walnut - he seems to get on fine with those. never choked or had a problem - he's been eating nuts since he was around 3.

I can't stand peanuts and two of DS1's friends are anaphylactically allergic to them, so he's never had those or peanut butter - but I have given him almond butter, he's had cashews in Chinese food, and hazelnuts in his chocolate nut spread smile

Should mention - this is the boy who managed to nearly choke on half a grape, that I'd been very carefully chopping up to avoid just that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now