I love, love, love cinnamon. Please could you share your best cinnamon recipes with me.

(57 Posts)
EllieArroway Tue 05-Feb-13 07:54:56

Thank you smile

lisianthus Mon 18-Feb-13 12:04:28

Glad you liked it! It's a bit of a family favourite for us too.

gastrognome Mon 18-Feb-13 15:35:04

I love cinnamon too. Have it sprinkled on my cereal every day. And on cappuccinos.

Also add it by default to any apple based pudding, stewed fruit, etc.

It's lovely added to banoffee pie, too. Just sprinkle it on the bananas before adding the caramel/cream, and then sprinkle more on top of the cream. And if you use crushed up speculoos biscuits for the base, you get a double dose of cinnamon.

It's fantastically good for you, or so I have read.

piemistress Mon 18-Feb-13 15:38:04

Ooooo marking place

EllieArroway Mon 18-Feb-13 15:56:52

Very excited to find Cinnamon Soreen in Morrison's this morning. I thought they'd discontinued it.

SamraLee Mon 18-Feb-13 16:49:17

Cinnnamon tastes great mixed into Hot Chocolate!

Coconutfeet Mon 18-Feb-13 21:16:23

this is a gorgeous Ottolenghi recipe for cinnamony lentils and rice. A variation on the one on the previous page I think. I always have to make extra onions because I can't stop eating them while I'm preparing it. It's also really cheap to make, so a huge bonus at the end of the month.

drjohnsonscat Mon 18-Feb-13 21:20:20

We had a Norwegian au pair who used to make us what she called Norwegian porridge. You basically make a white sauce and put it in a cereal bowl with a big,big knob of butter melting in the middle, sprinkle with Demerara and cinnamon. Crunchy, sugary, cinnamony, buttery carb and fat fest. I cannot tell you how delicious it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now