Safety - reheating a casserole made from yesterday's roast chicken

(5 Posts)
carbalanche Mon 21-Jan-13 14:09:47

I just made a casserole using the remaining chicken from yesterday's roast. It's on the hob and has been cooking away for the past 2 hours. I thought that i was getting ahead of the game and that I would just reheat it at about 6pm and pop some dumplings on top. BUT this means I will be reheating, reheated meat won't it? Is this a no-no? I'd be gutted if I had to chuck it all!!!

northender Mon 21-Jan-13 14:14:49

I would. I'd just make sure I'd cooled it quickly ie dish/pan in cold water. Then when reheating make sure it's heated up to boiling point.

carbalanche Mon 21-Jan-13 14:50:35

Right I've just switched it off and popped the dumplings on top. It's been cooked in a Le Creuset so it should retain a decent amount of heat for a while. I suppose I could decant it and put it in a pan in a sink of cold water but I think by the time I've cooled it down enough it will be time to heat it up again! It tastes really delicious BTW.

carbalanche Tue 22-Jan-13 22:06:30

OK, it cooled down to lukewarm and sat for an hour or so then I cooked it up making sure it got very hot and ate it. All family survived with no ill effects smile

northender Tue 22-Jan-13 22:53:43

Yay. All survived grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now