34 Insanely Simple Two-Ingredient Recipes

(8 Posts)
ariadneoliver Sun 09-Dec-12 21:38:27

I came across this list and I plan to try at least some of them. Has anyone else tried any?

www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/34-insanely-simple-two-ingredient-recipes/

RubbishCrackerPuller Sun 09-Dec-12 21:47:30

Sorry, but none of those things sound edible!

ariadneoliver Sun 09-Dec-12 22:03:03

Some are inventive, but the banana crackers sounded intriguing. I like experimenting. smile

AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 10-Dec-12 19:38:50

I think they sound interesting - but there are quite a few that use American ingredients I'm not sure I'd be able to buy.
May well give some a try...

ariadneoliver Sat 15-Dec-12 17:53:41

I have now tried two of them. I got some small Caribbean bananas so I tried out the flax seed and banana crackers and the oat and banana cookies.

The crackers I got the best result by cooking for 45 mins (although I probably did not press down the mixture enough) and if I had they would have had a harder shell in less time.
The cookies turned out well in the 15 minutes recommended, as an experiment I gave some an extra 5 minutes which made them more of a biscuit texture. I didn't add anything to them, they turn out quite sweet so I'd be wary of adding to many chocolate chips or raisins as extras. smile

ariadneoliver Tue 01-Jan-13 19:36:10

Have now made the buttermilk and self raising flour biscuits (scones). The recipe worked well as written, however next time I'd add a pinch of salt if using as a scone rather than having with a meal instead of bread.

Greythorne Tue 01-Jan-13 20:13:15

I was optimistic....but agree with Rubbish there's not one item in their list which sounds appetizing. Yuck.

ariadneoliver Tue 01-Jan-13 21:08:36

The three I've made have been fine, the flax seed crackers weren't exactly exciting but the cookies and biscuits were nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now