Ice cream recipe book recommendation please ....

(5 Posts)
kiwigirl42 Fri 14-Dec-12 19:23:48

Icecreams, sorbets and gelati by Caroline Weir is very good and I agree with the recommendation above also. I have a Cusinart Ice30 and its great. In fact, we had peppermint ice cream tonight although the kids moaned I didn't put green food colouring in (they call it Incredible Hulk icecream when I do!)
There is also lots of recipes in the internet, including some by an independent American maker who uses a different method than other people, cornflour etc and makes unusual flavours. I think if you google Jenny's icecream you will find her/ her recipes.
Its great being able to adjust the cream/ milk ratio to your liking. The first time I made it we were almost sick as it was so rich! I make lovely chocolate by adding melted milk and dark chocolate as well as cocoa to a plain base - in fact, that recipe is from the Ben and Jerry's book which I really like too. Its useful and a lot of fun.

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 14-Dec-12 19:09:33

If you've not written to Santa alrady, I STRONGLY recommend David Leibovitz's The Perfect Scoop . It's amazing. Great mix of 'the science', basic recipes and some more ritzy, special ones. Have recommended it on MN before!

And if you have already written to him, have a look at his website, which is a really good read.

TuttiFrutti Mon 10-Dec-12 19:44:09

I have several and my favourite is the Ice Cream Machine Book by Rosemary Moon.

PhylisStein Tue 04-Dec-12 22:55:40

Ben Vear lives and works near me and is a third generation ice cream producer. His books are on Amazon and his ice cream is incredible.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ben-Vear/e/B005FSJMAQ

BeaLola Tue 04-Dec-12 22:49:26

as I'm asking Father Christnas for the ice cream maker attachment for my kitchenaid & thought he might like to throw in a book or two ......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now