I have found the best ever foolproof home made bread recipe ever!

(17 Posts)
MoppingMummy Wed 21-Nov-12 22:25:08

I'll give this a go at the weekend - sounds great!

ssaw2012 Wed 21-Nov-12 22:14:31

Thank you for posting this link CotedePablo. I like the taste of the real yeast bread and this recipe sounds as it will not let me down smile . I once tried to bake a yeast bread using just plain flour but the bread did not raise well. Now I know why. Thank you Matthew.
I have not tried baking bread using rye flour because original and real rye bread does not have yeast in the dough. It is baked on the previous dough left-overs. It is a very complicated process. These days, however, the rye bread is often baked with yeast and other raising agents. I love yeast bread. Warm/fresh rye bread from M&S and unsalted butter on the top is just so yummy. You can even try clotted cream as it tastes more like butter because it does not have plant oils in it.

Wrigglebum Wed 21-Nov-12 15:37:57

I'm really enjoying making bread, all thanks to this link! Kneading is quite destressing and having a fancy looking loaf for very little money is great.

I got the dove's farm rye, it's great. No recipes I'm afraid, just following yours for now. Might try a focaccia soon though.

Matthewkirk Tue 20-Nov-12 21:16:27

Wow were did you get your rye delivered from!? Sound pretty into it! smile

Overnight prove sounds good. A little bit like a 'sponge'.

Give me your recipes when you get a chance, sound like your an expert haha!

Wrigglebum Sat 17-Nov-12 19:51:23

Yep, the pain de campagne is delicious too! DH was very impressed.

Our kitchen is pretty chilly so did the first prove overnight and then prepped it in the morning to have fresh bread for lunch.

Wrigglebum Fri 16-Nov-12 11:59:11

Yum, looks good and will try soon. I got some rye flour delivered yesterday so I'll be making the pain de campagne next then trying this.

Matthewkirk Fri 16-Nov-12 10:59:41

milk loaf recipe just done, kids love it (I know I did)

Convert Sat 10-Nov-12 19:53:53

That bread looks so good. I think I will be trying it when I come off low carb for Christmas! Thanks for the link and thank you Matthew for the recipe grin

Wrigglebum Sat 10-Nov-12 19:45:51

I think the wholemeal is far too healthy for me grin but that pain de campagne looks good.

I wonder if some seeds would work in there, I love seeded loaves (I can only tolerate brown bread if it has seeds or grains in). I'd love to try rye or sour dough too.

CotedePablo Sat 10-Nov-12 13:11:16

Hello Matthew, thanks for coming along. Have to admit, I'm doing a loaf every couple of days now and never thought that would happen. I'll be trying the wholemeal recipe tomorrow.

Matthewkirk Fri 09-Nov-12 21:07:30

I was wondering where all the extra traffic for my bread recipe was coming from, took me a while to track down this thread.

Good for you all having a go. If you want to have a go at something without the long article and something a bit different then try http://matthewkirk.hubpages.com/hub/Traditional-Pain-de-Campagne-Recipe

or

http://matthewkirk.hubpages.com/hub/Basic-Bread-Easy-Wholemeal-Recipe

Matthewkirk Fri 09-Nov-12 21:06:48

I was wondering where all the extra traffic for my bread recipe was coming from, took me a while to track down this thread.

Good for you all having a go. If you want to have a go at something without the long article and something a bit different then try http://matthewkirk.hubpages.com/hub/Traditional-Pain-de-Campagne-Recipe

or

http://matthewkirk.hubpages.com/hub/Basic-Bread-Easy-Wholemeal-Recipe

CotedePablo Thu 08-Nov-12 14:33:06

Glad to hear you tried it Wrigglebum. I'm on an economy drive, and that's what made me try it. Now thinking of ways to make it a bit different - how do you think cheese would work on/in it?

Wrigglebum Wed 07-Nov-12 22:38:46

Thank you so much for posting this- I made it this afternoon and it is amazing. I've never made a good loaf before but this looked and tasted amazing, so professional looking.

I made it with a six month old on my back and a three year old kneading some of the dough, although he got bored of it after a couple of minutes!

CotedePablo Tue 06-Nov-12 12:41:56

Go for it Fire. Next time I'm doing it with my granddaughter who's not quite four. No corgi though, just one very laid-back cat.

Crikey, it's quite a read to get to the recipe isn't it? Looks good though.

I wonder if I'm brave enough t try and make it this afternoon with DS, as they've given out pouring rain? DS is 3 and we have a corgi in the house so it may be interesting....

CotedePablo Tue 06-Nov-12 11:59:09

Perfect Loaf

I have tried over the years to make decent bread and it always comes out heavy, but this one is light as a feather!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now