What's for dinner?

(57 Posts)
Ruprekt Mon 28-Jan-13 16:43:56

I am having Waitrose chicken wrapped in parma ham and stuffed with asparagus. It was reduced from £5.49 down to 99p for 2 breasts! Bargain! With celeriac chips and sauteed spinach.

Boys are having fishfingers and beans because DS1 is poorly and that is what he fancies.

CremeEggThief Wed 30-Jan-13 20:09:50

Wholemeal pasta (that I didn't cook for long enough!) with pesto from a jar, a squeeze of lime and black pepper and some grated cheese. Even that was almost too much hard work, as I have been in bed all day, struggling with the flu sad.

FlouncingMintyy Wed 30-Jan-13 20:20:11

Dh is making us chicken stir-fry with black bean sauce, stir-fry vegetables and noodles that came on some sort of "meal deal" from Sainsburys. I have stuck a spanner in the works by insisting on rice instead of noodles grin. I LOVE rice, me, not a fan of the noodle.

chickencurryfor7 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:36:04

Pasta with a tablespoon of Pataks madras curry paste and a tablespoon of low fat cream cheese stirred in. Eaten straight from the hot pan with a big spoon grin.

marriedinwhite Wed 30-Jan-13 20:40:47

sausages, mash, broc and onion gravy. The DC had the choice between salmon en-croute, reduced parmentier pots, peas and parsley sauce.

HyvaPaiva Wed 30-Jan-13 20:44:37

Nigella's Italian traybake. So delicious and simple: cut up unpeeled potatoes, scatter in a casserole dish. Place raw sausages and raw chicken thighs (on the bone) on top. Add lots of fresh, chopped rosemary and a couple of large rosemary sprigs. Add the zest of a lemon. Massive glug of olive oil. Season. Gas mark 7 for one hour. No work and full flavour makes it very popular in our house grin

Casmama Wed 30-Jan-13 20:47:25

Cajun chicken and chorizo pasta- was lovely.

YouCanCallMeBetty Wed 30-Jan-13 21:06:39

DH made bangers and mash. Waitrose half-fat sausages are surprisingly good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now