Need a new oven - help!

(7 Posts)
feetheart Mon 28-Jan-13 17:15:21

Neff winning at the moment, any other contenders? smile

Benaberry Mon 28-Jan-13 14:10:58

We've had a Neff for the last 11 years and it's been great, had to replace the element last year, but it had had 10 years of hard use - like you we do a lot of cooking from scratch, baking etc

Would definitely have another one

feetheart Mon 28-Jan-13 14:06:13

multitask - would usually agree with you but element always goes with a big bang and takes out the thermotsat, lights, clock, etc! Element also hidden behind 'back plate' and that usually has a nice hole in it too shock

Thanks for suggestions, will investigate further.

bigfatguff Mon 28-Jan-13 12:01:29

Siemens. Had a self cleaning one for around that budget.

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 28-Jan-13 11:58:03

Neff. Fantastic ovens.

multitask Mon 28-Jan-13 11:50:36

Elements are cheap, we just put one in and including postage was less than £20 I think I'd just stick a new element in, simple job and much cheaper than buying a new oven! Sorry can't help with new oven ;)

feetheart Mon 28-Jan-13 11:20:51

Tried this in 'Products' but not much traffic so thought I'd have a go here!

Nasty Zanussi oven just blew its element again - 5th time in 10 years so it Has To Go. However I have no idea what to replace it with, I've never bought an oven.

Our needs are reasonably simple - built-in, electric, double oven with grill, timer. We do a lot of cooking from scratch and baking so it needs to work. Budget - probably under £600

What do you have and would you recommend it?
Thank you ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now