Which Pampered Chef products and why?

(46 Posts)

Just that really. Been to one before, didn't buy anything due to price, going to one again next week. Persuade me to part with my money grin

Right. I've just got back. I bought:

- rectangle measuring spoons
-measuring jugs (set of 3/4)
-rectangular stoneware
-the mini chopper
-the kids knife

I think that's it blush it came to 97.50 shock!!

Aethelfleda Mon 21-Jan-13 19:41:15

I bought a pizza stone and use it for baking bread lots, and for homemade pizza (though regular frozen pizza seems to prefer my cheap nonstick pizza tintray with holes in).
If you do use the pizza stone, heat it up in the oven as hot as it will go, then use a wooden chopping board or pizza "peel" to slide the bread/pizza onto the hot stone still in the oven ( use coarse semolina flour to provide a bit of skid off the peel). Result:super hot crispy yum pizza/bread crust.

Other great buy was the bamboo "salad set" that's actually two very nice wok spatulas pretending to be a salad utensil. They are totally fab as an unusual shape and just keep going.

Everything else felt too pricey for me to be tempted! And what's the obsession with cranberry colouring?!?!

caffeinated Mon 21-Jan-13 15:52:19

Love

Batter bowl
Pie dish (metal not stoneware)
Mix and scrape spoon thingy
Adjustable measuring spoons (they fit in jars of herbs and spices)
Small scoop for perfect consistent cookies

Didn't love
Chopper (so much easier with my food processor)
Measuring cylinder

notapizzaeater Mon 21-Jan-13 11:03:42

I love my batter bowl with lid - but dh broke the lip on it s it isn't secure now. I use it or storing things and I also bake domed cakes in it in the oven !!

Hate the measuring spoons - ds now plays with them. Love my stoneware roasting dish, it goes in dishwasher every few months- never had a problem with it.

Snowkey Mon 21-Jan-13 10:54:54

Cutting boards with the non slip silicone are great but Homebase sell them at less than half the price. Think Lakeland sell them too but I prefer the homebase ones as they have 1 handle rather than 2.

Startail Mon 21-Jan-13 10:54:22

Bread knife. Because it works and even I can get slices of a loaf out the bread machine.

Snowkey Mon 21-Jan-13 10:52:43

I have tried preheating the pizza stone but I get better results from using my favourite baking tray, also get better results from using a standard pizza stone that I've had for years and cost £7. If you heat up a lot of frozen food the PC pizza stone comes into its own, as the base takes longer to heat up than a standard metal tray which means you don't have to turn the food over. I would bin my stone, but I'm too horrified about how much I paid for it. blush

greencolorpack Mon 21-Jan-13 08:32:31

I love the Stoneware, I have three of them and just used two of them doing mass catering yesterday. I have two of the big chopping knives, and when one of them broke I got it replaced cos they are brilliant, they stay sharp forever. The food chopper is good. The garlic press gets all old and impossible to clean after a while so I wouldn't buy that one again. The cutting boards are great.

Taffeta Mon 21-Jan-13 08:25:16

I have never had a soggy base with home made pizza dough. You have to put the stone in the oven at top temp and then get it out once its boiling, I leave t on the oven rack, get the whole thing out then v quickly shove the rolled dough on it and top as fast as you can then out back in. Beautifully crisp then.

I've bought the garlic crusher - fab
The potato masher -fab
Knives - fab

Bunbaker Mon 21-Jan-13 07:48:47

"Pizza stone gives you a soggy base - is it for ready made pizza because it doesn't work on dough - certainly not from cold as I was lead to believe."

I got soggy pizza with the pizza stone as well, even if I heated it first. I get better results on a normal baking sheet, which is also much lighter. I gave it away. I have a gas oven, not an electric fan oven so I wonder if that was why.

I tried the stoneware muffin dish and was very unimpressed. The yorkshires rose well, but were uncooked inside and stuck like mad even after I had "seasoned" the dish. I just use my metal bun tin with Jamie Oliver's recipe and get perfect results every time now.

Snowkey Sun 20-Jan-13 20:36:05

Over priced and gimmicky. I have bought several products and wouldn't be fussed on any of them - Chopper thing was rubbish - bruised the palm of my hand, sold it on eBay. Pizza stone gives you a soggy base - is it for ready made pizza because it doesn't work on dough - certainly not from cold as I was lead to believe. The kids knives are crappy too - no danger of them cutting themselves or anything in fact, use a normal table knife. Best thing I have is a spatula - it's normal and does what it should do - bloody overpriced though. Dh has now banned me from going to any more - I like my kitchen gadgets to be of professional quality.

PaperLantern Sun 20-Jan-13 20:33:57

Another vote for the pizza stone, used for everything for croissant to oven fish and chips
Microplane grater

TreadOnTheCracks Sun 20-Jan-13 20:19:04

Yes the kids safety knives are good.

I also love my stone wear and use it almost every day.

Worley Sun 20-Jan-13 20:05:51

deff the stonewear had mine for 7 yrs now and probably used it almost every day. and the black microwave bowl.. well worth it.

Taffeta Sun 20-Jan-13 20:03:30

The stoneware pizza stone is fantastic.

Also the corn cob knobs, can boil the corn with them on, they cool down v fast. And the little serrated knives for children to help with chopping. They work and are totally safe.

upinthehills Sun 20-Jan-13 19:18:57

The best thing imo is called the kids My safe cutter knife - or something along those lines. It is the only thing that you cannot not buy elsewhere. My DS2 (4) helps me make soup and can cut carrots with it - though mushrooms are easier!

I also like the glass batter bowls with lids - perfect for making up a load of pancake batter in at the start of the weekend and then keeping in the fridge.

Jux Sun 20-Jan-13 19:08:30

I got a largish knife, which was so sharp I was cutting myself for weeks! Despite being guaranteed to retain its edge for 5 yrs, it didn't but quickly became safe to look at grin. I could send it off to them for sharpening, but I think, given my clumsiness and my predilection for chopping things without looking, it is better to keep it as it is.

I love it, btw. It's the first properly sharp knife I've ever had, and is also a good size for me to hold.

It's the one that comes with its own sheath.

Otherworld Sun 20-Jan-13 18:58:38

I have a really small knife from there with a blade guard. It's razor sharp and one of the best I have. I've also got a couple of pizza stones that we use daily.

Mini muffin tin I don't get much use out of but it's as good as new. I had problems with the cheese grater but j think they've re designed it now.

florry88 Sun 20-Jan-13 18:49:40

I have the measuring cylinder thing, its great , oh and a small knife, constantly in use

Hellokitt Sun 20-Jan-13 14:27:21

I love the stoneware. I do put in dishwasher though I was told not to & always been fine. The garlic presser is brilliant. The microwave ricer cooker fab, also the black micro cooker. The spatula scrapers as well. Well worth spending as its stuff you will use all the time. I've never found any of it crap, I've had cheaper garlic pressers & they were a waste of money, this one definitely not.

Megsdaughter Sun 20-Jan-13 11:46:35

The stainless steel bowls with rubber bottoms, I use them all the time, and the small glass bowls.

The red kids knives are brill too.

hypermoralsmutmonger Sun 20-Jan-13 11:44:17

The potato masher is fab... looks like it wont work but it does and is so easy to clean after.

CMP69 Sun 20-Jan-13 11:17:50

I have the large rond stoneware dish, the large black micro cooker (not the rice one), the skinny scraper. I have just ordered a garlic press, the small batter bowl and a pie plate. They are expensive, but I have had my original ones for about 6 years and use them every week without fail. (I also love a gadget for the kitchen blush)

ChippyMinton Sun 20-Jan-13 11:07:11

microplane grater is the only thing worth buying, if you must get something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now