Fish pie mix

(8 Posts)

Only just come back on. I make it a bit thai style with a paste of garlic, galangal (or ginger), green chilli and lemongrass. Cook the paste in a bit of oil, add the coconut milk then the fish. Really simple. I add a squeeze of lime at the end and some fresh coriander.
I'm liking the paella recipe above too, might try that next week smile

DaddyPigsSecretAdmirer Fri 18-Jan-13 14:35:51

BBC Good Food website have got some really good fish curry recipes-some are really simple so great for a curry beginner too! Fish curry is a weekly occurrence in this house, it's much nicer than any other curry IMO. Enjoy!

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 18-Jan-13 06:53:08

If you cook together rice, saffron, peppers and some chicken thighs you can make a really nice Paella adding the seafood to heat through at the last minute.

I make a simple fish stew using fish pie mix.
Just simmer chopped tinned tomatoes and/or passata (I use one of each) with chopped peppers, red onion etc until veg cooked to your liking, then add the fish for last 10 mins to cook through. Nice with raw prawns added alongside the fish too, but not essential. We're having it tomorrow! smile

PollyMorph Thu 17-Jan-13 22:17:36

Wow you are fast! smile

I never thought of fishcakes- I reckon they would go down a storm with the kids!

EnglishGirl I don't suppose you have a recipe for the curry do you? I have never made my own curry, should I just buy a jar and cheat?

I sometimes do a coconut based curry with mixed fish, if you do it fairly mild it doesn't overpower the fish. Or you could do a light batter and serve with homemade chips and homemade tartare sauce.

PoppadomPreach Thu 17-Jan-13 22:09:34

Fish cakes!

PollyMorph Thu 17-Jan-13 22:06:33

I bought quite a bit of fish pie mix (it was on the reduced couner and couldn't stop myself!) Can anyone suggest anything other than fish pie that I could make with it please??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now