Was I overcharged?

(6 Posts)
notsosqueakyclean Wed 02-Jan-13 14:46:36

As there were just 5 of us for Christmas dinner, I ordered a Capon from our local butcher, requesting a 7lb bird. I also ordered a small ham - around 2 lbs. I paid a £20 deposit. When I went to collect the order, I then had to pay £15.80. So the total came to £35.80. I felt that this seemed rather a lot for a bird that weighed 7lbs 5oz and a small ham that weighed 2lbs 11oz? I queried it (saying that it seemed rather a lot) but the butcher thought I meant that I had a lot of meat and said - "that's fine - Happy Christmas!" There was a big queue of people and he rushed off to serve the next customer. I was too embarrassed to pursue it and so left the shop!! I will eventually forget about it but just have to know whether or not I overpaid!! confused.

PenelopePitstops Wed 02-Jan-13 14:50:13

Sounds about right to me

Pancakeflipper Wed 02-Jan-13 14:52:18

About right to me too.
Was it yummy?

SecretNutellaFix Wed 02-Jan-13 15:06:09

that sounds like a pretty good deal.

ethelb Wed 02-Jan-13 22:03:39

I payed £13 for a 1kg (2lb) ham and £22 for a 4kg capon (8lb) so that sounds bang on.

notsosqueakyclean Wed 02-Jan-13 22:46:47

thanks thank you for your replies - I'm no longer niggled and yes! pancakeflipper it was delicious! Worth every penny wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now