Compact food processor recommendations please!

(14 Posts)
Ponders Wed 02-Jan-13 18:25:21

I put mine through a dishwasher cycle including drying!

magimedi88 Wed 02-Jan-13 15:57:06

Can't remember which model & am feeling too lazy to go downstairs & look - I will do so later. It's about 7 years old.

showtunesgirl Wed 02-Jan-13 15:56:09

Which model do you have?

And I never pay attention to things like that. It's like when they say toys should be surface wash only. I just bung them in the washing machine!

magimedi88 Wed 02-Jan-13 15:49:33

showtunes - it specifically says in the instructions that it can go in the dishwasher but not through the drying cycle.

I'd never remember to take it out in time!

I'm seriously thinking of ditching it & getting a bosh hand held mixer/chopper.

showtunesgirl Wed 02-Jan-13 14:38:32

I think a 1.2l would be ok.

Can you not just bung the whole thing in the dishwasher magimedi88?

magimedi88 Wed 02-Jan-13 13:58:50

I am not that keen on my magi-mix - the blade in the small bowl has blunted really quickly & the whole thing is difficult to clean.

I have a Dualit one which is fantastic, We looked at them both and I went for the Dualit because it has a sealed unit big bowl so no leaks down the centre and it also has a number of smaller bowls inside. It is compact and looks great.

Ponders Wed 02-Jan-13 13:31:44

oops - final post!

the magimix is cheaper here - & with free delivery. this description says "1.2 litre Mini bowl" - is that small enough? (the little chopper with the Philips blender is smaller)

Grumpla Wed 02-Jan-13 13:29:42

Mine is the 3150 btw.

Grumpla Wed 02-Jan-13 13:28:42

I have the compact Magimix and it is amazing. I particularly like the small bowl and blade insert for doing small quantities (eg single portion of babyfood) and the grating discs are excellent too.

Ponders Wed 02-Jan-13 13:20:54

neither of those has a mini bowl though.

I've also got a Philips stick blender which comes with a little choppy attachment - would one of those work for curry paste? (the stick blender is wonderful for whizzing soup in the saucepan)

Ponders Wed 02-Jan-13 13:13:48

this is the Bosch one

this is mine

fwiw the Bosch scored slightly higher in Which but is only half the price grin

otoh the amazon reviews for the Magimix are a lot better

Ponders Wed 02-Jan-13 13:10:35

I have a Magimix (will look it up in a sec) & like it a lot

I think there's a Bosch one which is recommended by Which & is quite neat

will it need to fit under a wall cupboard or does height not matter?

showtunesgirl Wed 02-Jan-13 13:05:07

So my old Kenwood is looking a bit worse for wear and DH is going to buy me a new one.

It must have a compact footprint so the bowl is on top of the motor. Now I've been reading around the internet and some people think that Kenwoods aren't as good as they used to be. But are Magimix ones just overpriced or are they worth the money?

I would prefer also to get one that also has a mini-bowl / mill as I like to make my own curry pastes and it doesn't work so well in a the large bowl when you're pulsing.

Any recommendations? Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now