Please talk to me about veg boxes

(27 Posts)
juneau Mon 31-Dec-12 15:24:04

We had a flyer from Abel & Cole this morning and it got me wondering if it's a good idea or not. We're a family of four, but the kids are very fussy about veg. The 5-year-old will eat only carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and the toddler currently only eats fruit hmm In addition, DH is often out several nights a week. I loves me veg, but I'm not sure I can eat an entire box every week.

It's not a good idea, is it?

DewDr0p Thu 03-Jan-13 12:55:05

My local veg box supplier's veg was v high quality, often picked that morning and price wise only pence more than non-organic equivalents in Sainsburys. It's always worth giving local a shot first.

ELR Thu 03-Jan-13 20:17:10

I get an a small Abel and cole fruit and veg box every monday and I am very happy with it. There is me, DS, DD and DH to feed and i find it plenty just top up with the odd cucumbet every now and then. Their meat is great too and I love the fact I can order yogurt and cheese and other random stuff like green and blacks chocolate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now