Simple yet fancy dessert ideas please ...

(14 Posts)

Lemon pots sometimes called lemon possett, totally yum & dead easy: lemons, cream, sugar mmmm

HugAndRoll Fri 28-Dec-12 22:17:29
HugAndRoll Fri 28-Dec-12 22:17:06

http://www.getfreshwithfood.com/long-awaited-double-chocolate-tart/ this. I made it for Xmas day (but she lies about removing any butter, don't do that). It's lovely.

AllThreeWays Fri 28-Dec-12 22:14:19

I love creme caramel and creme brulee. But I know many on here just complain that that's just custard.

Anja1Cam Fri 28-Dec-12 22:07:57

PS: I used whipping, not double cream!

BillyBollyBrandy Fri 28-Dec-12 22:07:55

Eton Mess

Anja1Cam Fri 28-Dec-12 22:07:12

This Pavlova was a great hit in our house! Very ohh-ahh.

Pre-make the meringue the day before and take along in a tin. Don't make the mistake to peel off the baking parchment before you're ready to serve - it's very fragile and impossible to move without it, esp if you have managed the leave a gooey centre. Mine broke shock but was fine to eat and still looked lovely... Then assemble just before the meal. I had prepared and fridged the fruit and raspberry sauce and just needed to whip up the cream.

Think brownies or pavlova sound lovely, also like the idea of a baked cheesecake or I have just made Nigella's chocolate olive oil cake, which was v easy, and tasted lush, would serve with raspberries and cream.

toblerone tart with vanilla ice cream - delish!

BikeRunSki Fri 28-Dec-12 22:02:40

Trifle

Bearfrills Fri 28-Dec-12 22:00:45

Now that does sound good, and probably just the right thing after a roast dinner smile

Littlechangeforthis Fri 28-Dec-12 22:00:35

Anthony worrall thompson triple choc brownies served warm with good vanilla ice cream and a few raspberries.

ginmakesitallok Fri 28-Dec-12 21:58:50

Pavlova - with forest fruit and cream.

Bearfrills Fri 28-Dec-12 21:57:48

We're going to my parents' house for dinner on New Years' Day and I've asked my mam what I can bring, she's doing all the cooking and everything so I want to help out.

I'm now bringing dessert smile

It needs to be able to feed eight adults, three children, and two babies (well, one year olds so can eat virtually anything) - 13 people in total.

I'm okay in the kitchen, not totally ham-fisted but not a wizard either so preferably something not too fiddly. I'd like it to have a little bit of "oooh" about it so I can preen when it's brought out at the end of the meal but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen either.

So ... um ... help? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now