Turkey Mince

(7 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Sat 01-Dec-12 19:33:34

Trying to think of something different to do with turkey mince, we usually do turkey burgers or enchilidas. Does anyone have any other recipies preferably not to serve with potato as dd doesn't eat it.

givemeaclue Sat 01-Dec-12 21:01:29

Boak

sausagesandwich34 Sat 01-Dec-12 21:03:04

I do it as bolognase -predictable but tasty

TheArmadillo Sat 01-Dec-12 21:17:28

I use it for meatballs. Either as a kofte curry with rice or in a italian style tomato sauce with pasta.

I didn't think I'd like it as much but actually prefer turkey mince meatballs to beef ones.

Also you can try looking at turkey recipes mostly using turkey mince American site so you will either have to convert the recipes or I just use them for ideas and guess the quantities.

Jcee Sun 02-Dec-12 14:20:07

I stir fry it with some Thai red curry paste and then add in some sliced veg (peppers, onion, mushrooms etc) and stir fry until everything is cooked through and serve with rice.

I was introduced to this dish in Thailand where it was served with a fried egg with runny yolk, which sounds weird but it compliments it perfectly but I usually can't be bothered to do it like that as it uses too many pans

Ruffello Sun 02-Dec-12 15:12:04

These turkey meatballs with pepper sauce are really good!

mamaonion Mon 03-Dec-12 18:55:35

I do turkey meatballs with garlic, spring onion, ginger and soy sauce, corisnder and bit of chilli to taste, use thigh mince £2 from waitrose. This is quite sticky so no need for egg. Shallow fry then serve with nice crunchy salad and rice/dressed noodles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now