to ask what you keep in your freezer?

(130 Posts)
CakePops Wed 10-Oct-12 17:57:24

Watched a Gordon Ramsey programme where he said he kept sliced frozen bagels in his freezer, so he's always got a quick brunch.

This had never occurred to me so I wondered what other freezer tricks I am missing out on.

To kick things off these are normally to be found lurking in my freezer:

Frozen veg (fast food for the dc when I can't be bothered to cook)

Fishfingers (See above)

Pizza base - Made in batch. And frozen for a quick pizza when I can't be bothered to cook (I see a theme emerging ...)

Banana bread, flapjacks etc - made in batch for after school snack.

Ice - For alcohol.

Frozen onions - For when I can be bothered to cook but not cry.

What do you keep in yours?

RaspberryLemonPavlova Sat 13-Oct-12 22:23:42

Lots of fresh apple sauce and apple slices from tree
Bag of breadcrumbs
Veg, onions, herbs, ginger
Batch-cooked meals (meat and veggy)
Butter icing
Biscuit dough
Pizza dough
Damsons
Crumpets and teacackes
Reduced/special offer sausages and beef
Lemon slices
Rice
Tub of mashed potato
chicken stock
Shredded cooked chicken and pork to make into meals.
Grated cheese
Packs of butter
Left over cheese like Stilton to stop me eating it

An very proud of my freezer at present!

CakePops Sat 13-Oct-12 22:34:14

That is a freezer to be proud of Raspberry.

How long does it take to defrost a pack of butter?

knowsbestmum Wed 24-Oct-12 10:12:43

We make up ham,cheese,chicken sandwiches on a sunday wrap them individualy and put them in the freezer this way when we are short of time or just can't be bothred in the mornings we can grab a sandwich and it's defrosted by lunch time in work.

jctoday Fri 02-Nov-12 22:49:50

Our mint patch grows wild and free in the summer, so I buy a large bottle of balsamic vinegar, pick a load of fresh mint leaves and put the two ingredients together in my food processor. I have a few ice cube trays with push up bottoms which I fill with the mixture. Into the freezer to freeze and then pushed out into plastic bags. Add 2 or 3 cubes to gravies or stews for a really great taste.

Size6feet Sat 03-Nov-12 09:56:48

My little back garden produces - strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, few gooseberries, apples and plums, few herbs. Picked in their prime and added to the freezer

Also freeze wholemeal bread and peel off two slices when needed. I put them straight into the toaster or under the grill with no problems.
Open freeze bacon slices then bag, same with sausages for portion control.

I freeze the fresh supermarket spinach leaves, still in the bag, then crush them down once frozen
I have a double chest freezer with large carrier bags to separate the meat, bread, vegs, fish, fruits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now