Cauliflower pizza, it's genius, try it now!

(46 Posts)

I had to start a thread about this, had to.
Followed a link, found a recipe, intrigued by it etc, etc, and when I do that, they are usually OK, good, nice, great but this time, wow.
I am not the author of the blog, I don't know her, never met her, spoke to her.
Am a regular poster blah, blah, but you have to try this.
It's amazing, truly amazing.
The base goes all crispy, and cheesy and delicious, and is just not cauliflower, the topping is what you make it ( I put capers on it for me, naice ham for DD, and smoked cheese).
You have to make this!

Big fat fail, I forgot the link

MyLifeIsStillChaotic Fri 30-Mar-12 20:01:28

I'm intrigued. Link please?

AngryFeet Fri 30-Mar-12 20:04:13

I have just stolen this for the low carb thread. Thank you! Looks amazing smile

D0G Fri 30-Mar-12 20:04:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

silverfrog Fri 30-Mar-12 20:06:28

oh wow. dd1 (who is gluten and dairy free) will go nuts for that - cauliflower is her favourite vegetable!

will have to try that this weekend. a bit of passata, some ham or chicken, and bob's your uncle.

thanks smile

granule Fri 30-Mar-12 20:08:32

oh I love a new outlet for my cauliflower-lurrrve. Might do that tomorrow.

In return I offer this completely amazebags use of beloved cauli

Roast cauliflower tastes kind of like popcorn..

Don't half make you trump, mind.

ChippingInNeedsCoffee Fri 30-Mar-12 20:10:13

It sounds fab! I don't eat eggs, but when I get my hands on some egg replacer I'll give it a go smile

UnChartered Fri 30-Mar-12 20:12:17

oh, i've seen this recipe before wink - cheers netty {{{hugs}}}

ah, granule

was going to ask about that, does it make you fart, Netto?

LackaDAISYcal Fri 30-Mar-12 20:12:23

Ooooooh, sounds intruiging smile
I'm gluten free and have yet to make a successful GF pizza base. It also looks like a stealth way of getting more veg into the dc <evil cackle>

MyLifeIsStillChaotic Fri 30-Mar-12 20:12:38

X post smile It looks lovely, will definitely give that a try

Lexie605 Sat 31-Mar-12 13:49:38

Here is the link to the recipe
http://www.everythingtasty.blogspot.com/2012/02/cauliflower-crust-pizzayou-wont-believe.html

It's delicious.

Lexie605 Sat 31-Mar-12 13:50:24

this one might be easier, 2nd recipe down

www.everythingtasty.blogspot.com

Weeell, it does make for a rather lively rear endblush

notapizzaeater Sat 31-Mar-12 18:38:15

Does it taste of cauliflower ? DS/Moi would love it, DH would be backing away from it ....

No, it doesn't.
It's not cauliflowery at all.
It's fat bastard food, but made with veg, and tastes just like you'd want pizza to taste like, but better.

GoblersKnob Sat 31-Mar-12 18:46:32

Oh, I have given up wheat and am so missing pizza, will be trying this, thankssmile

notapizzaeater Sat 31-Mar-12 19:41:16

Cool, just need to sneak a cauli in and cook it unseen ....

Do the cauli bit in advance.
That was a pain, admittedly. Blitzed cauliflower gets everywhere.

qo Mon 02-Apr-12 20:20:10

Don't know where I went wrong but the crust wouldnt hold up at all, plus it stuck to the baking sheet despite spraying quite a lot of frylight on. Maybe I spread the "dough" too thin?

The bits I pulled off did taste really nice though, and I really couldnt taste the cauliflower at all. I could smell it though, after going out and coming back in

Hmm, not sure.
The base on mine certainly weren't solid, best eaten with a fork but they did lift off the tray fine.

qo Tue 03-Apr-12 10:42:27

The mixture was quite wet, I blotted it with kitchen towel before baking.

Would love to try it again as it did taste really nice, and I'd love to have a pizza!!

maybe it would be better as a garlic bread sort of substitute - or maybe I just got it totally wrong grin

\maybe try draining it on kitchen roll, or shoogling it around in a dry hot pan?
Oh, I dunno, it'll probably make it worse!

boredandrestless Tue 03-Apr-12 11:57:44

This looks promising, I'm trying to cut out bread for at least a week (carb addict) so this may be a good substitute.

Lexie605 Tue 03-Apr-12 23:52:49

I would suggest turning the oven up higher and make sure it cooks long enough to crisp the bottom. Everyone's oven is different. I didn't have a problem with forming the crust but the 2nd time I made it came out better because I did leave it in the oven longer. I also found that making a Margherita pizza (no sauce) helped to keep the pieces together. I followed the recipe to the t.

www.everythingtasty.blogspot.com/2012/03/margherita-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now