Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help is my dd being sectioned?

(5 Posts)
tescosmum781 Fri 11-Jul-14 07:29:35

My dd 14 is being admitted to a secure adolescent unit voluntarily next week, does this mean she is being sectioned?

Trampampoline Fri 11-Jul-14 07:35:11

If she's going in voluntarily she's not being sectioned. It's just a planned admission.

Hope she's ok OP.

RonaldMcDonald Fri 11-Jul-14 07:38:03

What Trampa said

RooCluckers Fri 11-Jul-14 07:40:01

No, being sectioned is when someone is detained against their wishes under a section of the mental health act. If your daughter is being admitted voluntarily she is not being detained against her wishes.

I work with adults so am not that sure how the mental health act is used with children, I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you how this is used in case this comes up later on. This must be a difficult time for you and your family. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Trampampoline Fri 11-Jul-14 09:46:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now