Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not Driving Away!

(435 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 01-Nov-13 19:29:13

Hey Pumble. How are you? Don't forget how well you've done. Any tough times can be beaten, you have the proof if that.

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 02-Nov-13 15:43:19

Of that. Yellow, hope weekends aren't too blustery and chilly. Looking forward to fireworks night here.

magimedi Sat 02-Nov-13 23:13:48

Just checking in.

Am so caught up with my missing friend Carol -

(http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1899869-Carol-Sheridan-Missing-Gransnet-Member-French-Alps-2nd-thread-KEEP-BUMPING?msgid=42711651 )

that I have not had a moment to look at other threads. Sorry.

Hope you are OK, Pumble.

And don't want you to think that my concern for Carol is in any way diminishing my concern for you and your probs.

Am v tired - hope you get the right gist of what I am saying.

(((xxx)))

rowrowrowtheboat Sun 03-Nov-13 10:46:16

Morning. Remember your friends are thinking of you. Hope you are feeling ok and that your lovely DH cooks a tasty meal for you today

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 05-Nov-13 16:11:04

<waves>

brew

cake

magimedi Sat 09-Nov-13 10:33:43

Morning!

Just had a massive thunderstorm here. Delaying the inevitable housework!

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 12-Nov-13 22:14:58

Evening! Did you get your housework done in the end magi?

Mine is building up, after a couple of weeks of someone or another being ill. I'm going to walk runs the huse with my eyes shut.

Building up for Birthday party planning and Christmas now too.

magimedi Wed 13-Nov-13 10:37:10

Housework? Yes, I probably did but it needs doing again! Never berluddy ending!

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 13-Nov-13 13:08:35

Very berluddy true. Like that word! I'm going to stoically ignore mine today and catch up tomorrow. The sun is shining and outside is calling.

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 23-Nov-13 21:41:33

A glass of wine, and a takeaway curry. Not a bad Saturday night.

Pumble Thu 28-Nov-13 20:23:30

I FOUND YOU AGAIN! needs a leaps for joy picture

I lost you a long time ago and assumed that the thread had been deleted for some reason and I just couldn't face starting another one! I am so relieved to have found that's not the case and it's still here.

Well, life has definitely had its ups and downs but we are all doing ok. P2 is now one whole year old, which I can't believe, and it was a bit challenging reliving the way she entered the world, but we are doing ok. I have actually had a couple of days in the past few weeks where it's got to bedtime and I have felt 'normal' if that makes sense. There have been some very dark days too but its been so long since I had 'normal' days at all so this is amazing! I can't praise the parts of the trial I'm doing that involve me watching interacting with P2 - it's made such a difference. P1 has her moments but we're ok too - and she and P1 have such a great relationship. I particularly enjoyed our car journey home today... I asked P1 what she thought reindeer liked to eat and she suggested rabbits and polar bears and then laughed hysterically for five minutes, with P2 laughing along just because P1 was happy!

And tonight I put the girls to bed on my own with no tears, tantrums or cross words from them or me!!!

How are you? I've missed you lots.

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 29-Nov-13 13:13:04

Up blue, hello! <waves madly>

It sounds like overall things are going well. it's good to read all your news. I don't have time to chat now, but its lovely to hear from you again. I will come back later. smile

magimedi Fri 29-Nov-13 13:29:44

HOORAY!!!

We woz worried about you!! Didn't like to PM in case things were dire but so pleased to hear they are not.

Like row I should have been out the door five mins ago - but will be back later to catch up!

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 29-Nov-13 14:31:12

Up blue? Should be hello Pumble! I was in a hurry! Off out again but will talk tonight.

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 29-Nov-13 22:19:21

Hi Pumble. It is so lovely to hear from you again. I never knew Reindeer were carnivores. We've got some reindeer food for Christmas Eve, I'm going to have to buy some chops from the butcher instead as I'd hate to disappoint Rudolph.

So pleased the videos are making a big difference to you. it sounds like your little ones are really starting to bond. Each month as they get older, they will find more things they can do together, and it is lovely seeing the relationship grow and tough as anything when they row over the silliest of things and you become UN ambassador. Glad too to hear some evenings are feeling so different from months ago.

I can't think of any news from here. I've been upto loads of stuff and I am shattered. All well though.

How is the build up to Christmas going?

Pumble Sun 01-Dec-13 13:48:54

Not just any chops from the butchers row they need to be polar bear chops!!! And why does Father Christmas want rabbit pie in this house too?!!

Discovered the best reason for running again today. P1 is having a small and furry day and so going out for a run gave me some much needed peace!!

Hope you're all enjoying a good weekend smile

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 05-Dec-13 14:27:01

Hope you're not going out running today Pumble, the wind would blow you straight back home!

Pumble Thu 12-Dec-13 22:10:13

It's fine that I'm not organised for Christmas yes?! It's still a way off isn't it?!!

How are things with you all? I did two bedtimes without mr p this week and one was unexpected so feeling pretty proud of myself. The pumblettes and I are definitely making progress grin

Pumble Fri 13-Dec-13 18:48:08

Turns out no matter how well you think you're doing, you're never far from an almighty crash.... hmm

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 13-Dec-13 19:22:47

Of course it's fine! All adds to the atmosphere and build up!

All ok here. Pretty tired and ready for the weekend.

Pumble Fri 13-Dec-13 21:18:35

Well, now the crash is abating, I have to say that the memory of pumblette 1 saying 'please get up mummy' as I sat on the floor with my head in my hands sobbing is enough to make me snap out of it and try my hardest to never let it happen again. I just lost it and couldn't cope again, made all the worse as I had been feeling so much more back to normal. I am just hoping and praying that p1 and I can be ok again. I know it's easy to say they forget but unfortunately with p1 that isn't entirely true. I'm not sure this makes sense but needed to write hmm

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 13-Dec-13 22:54:30

So sorry Pumble, I didn't pick up on the crash in your last post. Please try not to be disheartened. The contrast between good days and crashes will make the crashes seem bigger. Can I just ask, though, the timescales between crash and abatement, are they getting shorter? It sounds like you are improving to me.

P1 loves you, as does P2. Talk to your DH. He has been there for you before. Talk it through.

Say more here goofy you want.

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 13-Dec-13 22:55:12

So sorry, goofy shouldered on here. Bloody auto correct. Grrrrrrrrr

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 13-Dec-13 23:00:23

Ok, and shouldered was auto correct changing should be.

So what I was trying to say is, say more on here if you want.

Pumble Sat 14-Dec-13 08:13:30

I quite like the fact autocorrect made goofy make an appearance on the thread!!

You're right, the time between crash and normality is so much smaller than it was, I think it was such a shock to have such a big crash I suppose.

Listening to the pumblettes saying good morning to mr p as they have just woken and they seem happy little bunnies and im off for a long run in a bit to clear my head so hopefully today will bd a better day and we can try to put tomorrow behind us.

Hope you have a good Saturday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now