Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can't stop worrying ...

(2 Posts)
SvarteKatterogFlosshatter Sun 30-Jun-13 18:10:21

Hi - not sure that this is in the right place, but ...
I moved into a new house today! Which is great, but I've had to go away for a few days and there won't be anyone at the house - I was the last person to leave.

Basically, even though I know that I've locked the front door and none of the downstairs windows are open, I can't stop worrying that someone will break in. One window upstairs is open, because the last tenants smoked A LOT of weed in there, and it reeks to high heaven. Nobody can get into that window unless they're spiderman, I don't think.

I've spent the last three years battling an anxiety disorder, and I thought I'd finally kicked it, but over the last few weeks I've really been worrying about this kind of thing, to the point where I am on the verge of driving 70 miles to go back to the house and check. Someone else is going to be there tomorrow, but I can't stop worrying about tonight.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I stop worrying about things like this?

yamsareyammy Mon 01-Jul-13 14:23:48

Moving house is a stressful time.
As I write this, I realise that this was posted last night, so I assume that someone is now there at the house?
Personally I wouldnt leave 1 window open, while the house is empty.
I think I am right in saying that insurance would not pay out in that case if there was a burglary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now