Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Diazepam for flying and anti depressants? Is it ok?

(3 Posts)

I have taken the two together and it has been fine, it is def important to double check with your GP though.

chibi Sun 30-Jun-13 15:55:59

i would go back to my gp and ask tbh- i would want to know what possible side effects and interactions were

Fullsteamahead Sun 30-Jun-13 15:54:38

Hi all,

I'm currently on 20 mg fluoxetine, I will be going on holiday on Tuesday and really hate flying. My GP gave me 8 tablets of diazepam 2 mg to help with fear of flying.

When I read the leaflet that came with diazepam it said not recommended to use alongside ADs. I'm confused, if it's dangerous, why did GP prescribe them to me?

Does anyone have any experience regarding this? Or maybe somebody has taken the two together in the past? Any thoughts are welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now