Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Venlalic Venlafaxine - exhaustion - can't cope for much longer!

(6 Posts)
somedayillbesaturdaynite Thu 16-May-13 02:18:41

bumping in case any fellow insomniacs have similar experience

somedayillbesaturdaynite Wed 15-May-13 08:22:11

have been taking 4/5 years, now on 150mg twice daily. yy to night sweats, vivid (sometimes very scary) dreams and could happily sleep 20 hours a day. i also seem to be getting an acute heartburn pain in my ribs. at first i had mistaken it for asthma/respiratory-related but now i wonder if its these tablets hmm

AlteredState Sat 11-May-13 02:03:38

Yes. Also take venlalic (modified release version). I've been taking nearly two years now at varying doses from 37.5mg to 225mg daily. For me exhaustion got worse at higher doses and also if I took dose in the morning rather than at night.

happyyonisleepyyoni Thu 09-May-13 19:11:06

I am on this as well and it is working well for me, but I get the craziest dreams. If I can remember them, they will make a great book one day !

SnowyMouse Thu 09-May-13 17:49:00

Would you go back to your GP/psych and ask if you can try something else?

Swiish Thu 09-May-13 17:34:27

Does anyone else suffer from extreme tiredness? Over a year ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and the last batch of drugs I'm on is Venlalic Venlafaxine. They seem to be taking the edge of a bit (I was suicidal, frankly, this time last year) but the tiredness just isn't passing.

I have very vivid dreams every night and wake up sweating, so I suppose I'm not getting enough sleep. I struggle to keep awake during the day. Really struggle, to the point where I've started dreaming while I'm in conversation with someone, I think.

Anyone else in this situation? What do you recommend?

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now