Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Revelation

(3 Posts)
TheDeathOfMirage Wed 13-Feb-13 15:24:35

I have had several diagnosises like borderline personality, bipolar, narcistic personality disorder and generalized anxiety. The diagnosis changes whenever I go to see a new psychiatrist.

amillionyears Wed 13-Feb-13 14:09:36

Have you ever had any medical diagnosis of anything?

TheDeathOfMirage Wed 13-Feb-13 12:56:56

I finally understood why I want to selfharm when depressed. It is a certain feeling I get. Both the feeling and the guilt of having such a feeling has made me think of SH (or perform). Sometimes this feeling makes me furious. The feeling must have something to do with my chidhood. I have had therapy but we had never really figured why I did sh. Nothing really really bad happened in my childhood. I am very shamed of that feeling and not even sure I can talk about it with anyone.

I got really anxious when I realised that and selfharmed slightly, which I haven't done for several years. I just have to keep on thinking. Maybe I find out what causes this feeling. I am not having any councelling atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now