Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Panic attacks and breathlessness

(4 Posts)
amillionyears Tue 04-Dec-12 15:27:05

Have you tried ignoring the thoughts?

inmymind Tue 04-Dec-12 15:07:41

Hi thanks for the the reply
Yes definitely a feeling of that when I'm reassured for one health 'condition' I then focus on something else being wrong.

Very tiring and frustrating sad

It's definitely a bad anxiety day today.

amillionyears Tue 04-Dec-12 14:31:30

ooh no op, dont google.
You can end up diagnosing or believing you have some health issue, when you havent.
That is what doctors are for, to properly help in diagnosis.

Dont know about the actual anxiety/panic attack bit, so am partly on this thread to bump that bit for you.
I am guessing that, if you found you are ok with 1 health issue, then you start thinking about another?

inmymind Tue 04-Dec-12 10:07:04

Been up and down with anxiety over the last six months

Felt that I have improved with exercise and using mindfulness techniques but always have a health anxiety focus humming along in the background.

Lately the focus has been my breathing and of course the more I focus on 'do I feel out of breathe?' the more anxious and panicky I feel.

Today has been particularly bad and have just got back from a gp visit where I was told my oxygen sats are normal and chest is clear.

What else can I do to to improve these feelings? Is breathlessness normal with anxiety/panic attacks? I'm trying to wean myself off the google doom and gloom so any advice greatly appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now