Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Odd feeling after a short nap in the day?

(11 Posts)
Baconandeggsarnie Thu 22-Nov-12 13:19:22

It's not so bad now but I used to wake up from naps with complete memory loss for a couple of minutes. It didn't last long, but I could never remember what day it was, or where the kids were, or if it was morning or afternoon. I used to have to keep myself calm until the confusion lifted.

Mylittlepuds Thu 22-Nov-12 13:07:12

Yes I get this after a daytime nap. V common for people with anxiety. Those without just think 'oh well I feel a bit weird, I've had a nap' and get on with things. We however analyse the feeling and end up feeling worse!

Charleebird Mon 19-Nov-12 19:01:59

feel a bit more human now ive had a bath!!!
Still, anxiety is a bitch sad worry worry worry

Charleebird Mon 19-Nov-12 18:17:48

Yea i dont feel grumpy but its mademy anxiety increase as its worrying me. I worry about brain tumours. Im dreadful.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 19-Nov-12 18:13:27

oh here is something (brew)

Svrider Mon 19-Nov-12 18:13:27

I often feel like this, after a nap in the day
(Not that I get many!)
I also sometimes feel stupidly grumpyhmm

onepieceoflollipop Mon 19-Nov-12 18:11:54

try to distract yourself from getting anxious about it, probably just a one off and/or related to your headache. try and do something nice for yourself to relax. Is there a chocolate emoticon on here yet smile

Charleebird Mon 19-Nov-12 18:10:40

P.s i always feel better after a nap too. This is the first time i feel weird.

Charleebird Mon 19-Nov-12 18:09:49

Well i have just started getting a headache and feel sicky. I dont feel ill thou. I just looked up on google naughty me lol and its actually really common. I just feel a bit odd like im not quite here. I do suffer anxiety and obviously things like this scare me.
X

onepieceoflollipop Mon 19-Nov-12 18:04:45

I generally feel fine after a daytime nap. However on the odd occasion I have felt a bit dazed/not properly awake for a long time afterwards. Often this can coincide with me not being physically well. Are you maybe coming down with a cold/headache perhaps?

Charleebird Mon 19-Nov-12 17:59:04

I woke up from a 45 min nap today. I felt really odd after almost confused but i wasnt confused. Felt really weird. I woke up suddenly but thats never normally effected me. This is the first time ive had this.
I still feel odd, but not as bad and i woke up 3 hours ago.

Anyone else get this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now